• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd place in the west behind the Astros and fighting for a wild card?

I was more curious why Prince was in the dugout. Dude becoming a pseudo coach since he's under contract for so many more years?

I mean psyche wise. Two straight walkoffs to end their season wreaks havoc on the mind, though this time it's worse considering that it was only Game 3 where they put up any sort of that fight that got them the AL West and the best record in the AL.

Montresor

Time to refill the salt shaker.

He's right in my case. I am truly more happy about Odor getting fucked than the Jays winning. But I'm a casual Jays fan. I don't follow the sport, aside from knowing "In Osuna we trust" and that Donaldson is pretty good and Encarnacion has a pet parrot.

I mean psyche wise. Two straight walkoffs to end their season wreaks havoc on the mind, though this time it's worse considering that it was only Game 3 where they put up any sort of that fight that got them the AL West and the best record in the AL.

These are the Texas Rangers though.

The last two seasons and losing to the Jays pales to what happened in the Ron Washington years. They were a strike away from the first Series title in Dallas.

The Rangers have always been pretty broken psychologically.

But at least they're not the Mariners.

And their dugout doesn't fill with raw sewage whenever it rains.

I think some Toronto fans are happier that the Rangers lost than they are Toronto won.

Such a Toronto fan way to take this.

We are happy to be advancing it's just that much more satisfying to do it against the Rangers, by sweeping them and the game ending on an Odor error.

These are the Texas Rangers though.

The last two seasons and losing to the Jays pales to what happened in the Ron Washington years. They were a strike away from the first Series title in Dallas.

The Rangers have always been pretty broken psychologically.

I hesitated to add the Washington failures because I don't think it is fair to hold it to them, but you raise a good point.

Chase17

I mean, that's not nearly as bad as two straight WS losses

The bandwagoners need someone to direct their anger upon and Odor is that person. Once again, schadenfreude I guess.

As someone who has been watching the team for over 20 years it's especially sweet because it's Odor. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Not too sure why some people think there is.

Malo

Banned
I'd like to have Beltran come back and be our DH, but I imagine he's going to ring chase. Just please don't go to the red soxs.

As someone who has been watching the team for over 20 years it's especially sweet because it's Odor. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Not too sure why some people think there is.

Because it trivializes the win to simply revenge. Frankly, the series should be remembered for how the Jays took the wind from out the Rangers sails for three and a quarter games. Not some play that a vast majority of fans hated see booted that could have gone either way.

Feels like there wasn't much of a rivalry between the two teams this series. No theatrics, mouthing off, etc. Can't say I really feel any ill-will towards the Rangers right now tbh.

No, there isn't, and I am glad for that.

I just know next year is going to have the same thing happen as it did this year, an ugly incident that shows how terrible both fanbases can be.

Because it trivializes the win to simply revenge. Frankly, the series should be remembered for how the Jays took the wind from out the Rangers sails for three and a quarter games. Not some play that a vast majority of fans hated see booted that could have gone either way.

You can enjoy the revenge and appreciate the series the Jays had without trivializing anything. We're doing that just fine.

Anyways. Let's forget about the Rangers now and enjoy what's to come.

mdubs

Banned
Odor hahahah. His error is what lost the game. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.

Texas Rangers are probably ecstatic about the way Toronto won today. No bat flip at all. So I guess they can keep their heads held high. Stay strong Odor. Stay strong Dyson. Stay proud Texan boys - no one disrespected the game today.
Guys we found Brian McCann's gaf account

It was an incredibly impresssive sweep by a superior ball club.

But it's not enough to win. It has to come with a persecution complex and reveling in the failure of an opposing player on one play to end it.

It's beautiful in its own way.

Exactly. Thank you for putting it in better words then I could.

More people are going to be talking about the Odor booting then how effortlessly the Jays made Texas look for three games and a third.

Exactly. Thank you for putting it in better words then I could.

More people are going to be talking about the Odor booting then how effortlessly the Jays made Texas look for three games and a third.

Honestly, I think everyone is already moving on. No one is really taking about it on TV. Everyone is just happy the Jays won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom