• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rangers need to get younger at starting pitching. Rangers starting pitching is old with a long list of past injuries and are way past their prime. Even Darvish is 30 now.

edit: Honestly I would have liked to give Martin Perez a shot.

Brinbe

LMAO Staaahp with this stupid psychoanalysis of Toronto fans and invoking the bandwagon. Just stop.

It's okay to be happy they won and be happy it came at the expense of a guy who fucking punched Jose earlier in the season. Jesus Christ, lighten up and enjoy the W.

Who would people rather play next? Gonna be a tougher series either way.

I honestly forgot there'd be a champagne celebration (or anything with the fans). It slipped my mind, and I turned the TV off to do dishes when the Americans ended their broadcast.

I feel dumb.

I turned it back on, though. It was nice to see the celebration with the fans again. It was quite classy.

I honestly forgot there'd be a champagne celebration (or anything with the fans). It slipped my mind, and I turned the TV off to do dishes when the Americans ended their broadcast.

I feel dumb.

I turned it back on, though. It was nice to see the celebration with the fans again. It was quite classy.

It will be on for a while.

Chase17

Pwned. The Indians are scary. Jays will have a challenging series.

200.gif

I'm leaning towards Cleveland for who I want the Jays to go up against, due to injuries, rosters, etc. But Kipnis always has a way of fucking us over.

Friggz

are the rangers the worst 95 win team in history? They finished 13 games ABOVE their pythag record...i wish the yankees played in the AL west =(

are the rangers the worst 95 win team in history? They finished 13 games ABOVE their pythag record...i wish the yankees played in the AL west =(

Playing in a relatively weak division and winning lots of one run ball games where luck could have gone either way can do that.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
What a last play, I was sure it was a double play and then I was screaming at Donaldson to run after the wide throw. Great game all round. Off to the ALCS!

cashman

Banned
2nd place in the west behind the Astros and fighting for a wild card?

I was more curious why Prince was in the dugout. Dude becoming a pseudo coach since he's under contract for so many more years?
Prince was always going to still be considered part of the team. I hope he sticks around with Texas after this season.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rangers need to get younger at starting pitching. Rangers starting pitching is old with a long list of past injuries and are way past their prime. Even Darvish is 30 now.

edit: Honestly I would have liked to give Martin Perez a shot.

Perez as a lefty would have been pretty shaky against all of those big righty power bats. The best they could have hoped for was getting the good Colby for this game and it didn't happen. I don't think Hamels or Darvish have any long term health concerns, but they're going to need to bring a solid #3 starter.

1) Making it to the ALCS this year feels like a much bigger accomplishment than last year. Atkins (and Shapiro too I guess) deserves credit for building up the roster and the farm system whilst keeping the team competitive.

2) Anyone who begrudges Jays' fans for enjoying that Odor (and Bush) were involved in Texas' game losing play is playing the fool.

3) Credit to both teams for keeping it clean.

4) I wish Verlander et al. would get that yes, all lives do matter, but right now the problem of 'state-sanctioned' violence is impacting the African-American community far more than any other.

5) I kind of want to see Cleveland instead of Boston. Like the story-lines in that one.

Line_HTX

Thank you, Toronto, for taking the Rangers one run game stat for 2016 and THROWING IT IN THE FUCKING TRASH WHERE IT BELONGS!!

Fuck Texas, they'll never do shit in the postseason EVER.

leroidys

AL West routinely has some of the best talent in the league, but the teams are for the most part pretty bad. It's a sad state of affairs.

I think that if we want to have a chance to win tonight it should be Soler in LF, Bryant in RF and Baez at 3B. With the way Bumgarner gave up hr's this year it's probably our only chance against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom