• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase17

Red Sox new DH

But we already have the perfect candidate to fill the spot
200.gif

2) Anyone who begrudges Jays' fans for enjoying that Odor (and Bush) were involved in Texas' game losing play is playing the fool.

Low hanging sport trolling fruit.

3) Credit to both teams for keeping it clean.

That was great, agreed.

5) I kind of want to see Cleveland instead of Boston. Like the story-lines in that one.

Also agreed. I really want a Cubs-Tribe World Series more than anything. Because then I'll know for sure the end is nigh and I can finally go on my trip around the world spending all my life's savings.

Thank you, Toronto, for taking the Rangers one run game stat for 2016 and THROWING IT IN THE FUCKING TRASH WHERE IT BELONGS!!

Fuck Texas, they'll never do shit in the postseason EVER.

Such pure hate. It's beautiful.

Dr.JayP

It was an incredibly impresssive sweep by a superior ball club.

But it's not enough to win. It has to come with a persecution complex and reveling in the failure of an opposing player on one play to end it.

It's beautiful in its own way.

What an asinine view. The fact that a sports fan is trying to tell other fans what they should and shouldn't celebrate, and then try to extrapolate that towards a conclusion about said fans' self perception is hilarious and amazingly stupid.

It's sports, nothing more. Hardcore fans and casual fans are free to celebrate what they want, because truthfully none of this carries any importance.

These kinds of views parallel the whole "right way to play the game" crying and moaning. Let people be happy with what they want instead of trying to psychoanalyze a fan's psyche. Your poor attempt at pseudo-intellectualism fools no one.

Hobbun

Everyone is talking about is how will the Cubs solve Madbum, if they can do so.

However, my concern more is which Arrieta will show up tonight? If Jake pitches how he should be, I think the Cubs have a good shot of winning. But if we get out-of-control Jake...

What an asinine view. The fact that a sports fan is trying to tell other fans what they should and shouldn't celebrate, and then try to extrapolate that towards a conclusion about said fans' self perception is hilarious and amazingly stupid.

It's sports, nothing more. Hardcore fans and casual fans are free to celebrate what they want, because truthfully none of this carries any importance.

These kinds of views parallel the whole "right way to play the game" crying and moaning. Let people be happy with what they want instead of trying to psychoanalyze a fan's psyche. Your poor attempt at pseudo-intellectualism fools no one.

Don't hurt yourself handling this hot take.

Congrats Toronto. Thanks for making that fool Lucroy look silly for his choice.

One game away from a rematch of Basketballs Conference Championship, with similar results too hopefully. ;)

The in game interview must be stopped.

Well, on Sunday night during the Blue Jays-Rangers game in Toronto, TBS’ Matt Winer was doing a live interview with Texas third base coach Tony Beasley, when Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus hit a homer.

Now, this was actually a great story about Beasley returning to the team after battling rectal cancer. But an interview could’ve been shown right before the game resumed, during a visit to the mound, or in the pregame, postgame, etc. Instead, with it being live, the homer was shown on a split-screen, with no play-by-play call. Winer had to cut off Beasley during the interview to tell the audience that Andrus got “a double”, before then realizing it was a home run. When Andrus finally rounded third base, Winer said, “Excuse me, that’s not a double; that’s a home run.”

Choomp

Banned
Going to be interesting to see how Kenta fares today. Gio too. Idk if Maeda's stuff fits pitching to the weakness of Harper and Murph alike. Plus I can't see the Dodgers struggles against Gonzalez continuing today

WEEIVerified account
‏@WEEI
Red Sox manager John Farrell won’t rule out starting Eduardo Rodriguez over David Price in Game 5

217 million dollars can't get you a guy you trust to take the ball in a winner takes all playoff game.

zroid

Banned
a87636c2f0994573820413c43f4ce18b.png

Happy to see this from Verlander. He always seemed like a good guy, and all lives matter is, unfortunately, not something whose implications are immediately understood by everyone.

bebop242

Everyone is talking about is how will the Cubs solve Madbum, if they can do so.

However, my concern more is which Arrieta will show up tonight? If Jake pitches how he should be, I think the Cubs have a good shot of winning. But if we get out-of-control Jake...

I'm betting Arrieta out pitches madbum. I think Arrieta ratchets up a gear for these playoffs. Doesn't mean the Cubs will win though. I think Giants come back late to win just because it won't be that easy to put them down.

Hobbun

I'm betting Arrieta out pitches madbum. I think Arrieta ratchets up a gear for these playoffs. Doesn't mean the Cubs will win though. I think Giants come back late to win just because it won't be that easy to put them down.

Well, hope you are wrong. But it wouldn't be the worst thing if it went to game 4. However, would really like to wrap it up in SF and don't want to go to game 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom