• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2017 OT:It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

zulux21

it's a shame the astros didn't get more... but as long as the closer does his job... 1 run is all you need.

come on astros... remove the red sox from baseball this year, and then the indians can do the same with the yankees later.

edit: er... for some reason I thought it was the 9th...
well as long as the bullpen does its job.

No, but he had enough stuff to finish one more batter. Instead you put a guy who already stated he is uncomfortable going two with runners on base.
I mean I guess. Kimbrel though, if he can't go two in the playoffs in crucial situations to me that diminishes his value considerably. I agree Reed isn't an optimal solution either.

Caja 117

No, but he had enough stuff to finish one more batter. Instead you put a guy who already stated he is uncomfortable going two with runners on base.
Given the sittuation i would had just let him face Reddick for the matchup. But sale was already left in for too long when he started the 8th inning.

Sanjuro

Given the sittuation i would had just let him face Reddick for the matchup. But sale was already left in for too long when he started the 8th inning.

That may be the case, but based on how everything proceeded he seemed to have enough juice to finish the inning. Saving him for innings in a possible game five was already out of the equation.

Caja 117

That may be the case, but based on how everything proceeded he seemed to have enough juice to finish the inning. Saving him for innings in a possible game five was already out of the equation.
Yeah well, thats why I said he should had faced reddick, but even if he had enough to pitch the 8th, he already pitched 4 innings, and if you ccant trust your real relievers to pitch two innings , you might as well quit the post season.

Top Bottom