• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2017 OT:It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

BwXOxUT.gif

Pains me to say this, but good luck Yankees.

lol how big of a rivalry is the Yankees/Redsox when they root for eachother in the playoffs lmao

No animosity here. The better team won.

#FireFarell

Actually even though I don't think the Sox can win another WS with Farell, him coming back wouldn't be the most upsetting thing that would happen in a Sox offseason. That would be not going after a power bat for the middle of the order. Not being able to replace Papi's production (not even considering the leadership/intangibles) is what sunk this season.

zulux21

One year maybe you can actually root for your team in the playoffs instead of hate rooting.

It will be a few years still :p

My adopted team for the playoffs this year are the astros as they will always have a special place in my heart thanks to the 2005 world series. thus why I was actively following this game lol.

but even if my team is in the playoffs...

I will always root for the cubs, yankees and red sox to be removed from the playoffs as they are my 3 least favorite teams.

Malvingt2

#FireFarell

Actually even though I don't think the Sox can win another WS with Farell, him coming back wouldn't be the most upsetting thing that would happen in a Sox offseason. That would be not going after a power bat for the middle of the order. Not being able to replace Papi's production (not even considering the leadership/intangibles) is what sunk this season.

Yeah... 100% agree

#FireFarell

Your season was not "sunk". You won the division and went to the postseason. The Red Sox got swept last year in the ALDS with David Ortiz.

bebop242

It will be a few years still :p

My adopted team for the playoffs this year are the astros as they will always have a special place in my heart thanks to the 2005 world series. thus why I was actively following this game lol.

but even if my team is in the playoffs...

I will always root for the cubs, yankees and red sox to be removed from the playoffs as they are my 3 least favorite teams.

I hear you. If Cubs lose, I'm rooting for Indians for the same reason you are rooting for Astros.

I really don't hate any team, except the Cardinals. Fuck the Cardinals.

zulux21

I hear you. If Cubs lose, I'm rooting for Indians for the same reason you are rooting for Astros.

I really don't hate any team, except the Cardinals. Fuck the Cardinals.
As a white sox fan I was raised to hate the cubs.
as a baseball fan if you aren't a yankees fan you are basically raised to hate the yankees.
and as a white sox fan growing up hearing boston fans repeatedly claim how they were the longest since winning and were always the underdogs ect it drove me to hate them since I hate when people lie about easily checked facts lol. plus red sox fans are the biggest assholes I have ever met. at least the ones that show up for games at the white sox home stadium are lol.
There is no amount of parallel universes in which I would root for the red sox, even if the sox are the interior team.

hehe the sox are decorators now :p

Tall4Life

Your season was not "sunk". You won the division and went to the postseason. The Red Sox got swept last year in the ALDS with David Ortiz.

We won the division because of strong pitching for most of the year and then a well-running offense based off of hits, not HRs, for most of the second half. Both fell off and we reverted to this weird state of having the worst of the second half in pitching and the worst of the first half in hitting. Hitting was a problem for us all season. If we can get a consistent HR guy or two, combined with the pitching we already have, and for our huge core of young guys to mature, we can do a shit ton better.

Line_HTX

FINALLY, WE'RE IN THE ALCS!

YAAAY-YAAAH!!

Fucking Josh Reddick CLUTCH WOO and Carlos Beltran insurance, WHOO~~

tumblr_nf637t09yw1qjsn9po1_500.gif

BUH-BYE, BOSTON. OH-HOHOHO... OOOHHHH-HOHOHOHOHO~~

uSBCoo3.gif

Top Bottom