• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Beltran is a changed man and not in a good way. Clearly he's been hanging around St. Louis for too long. The culture has broken him, I hope he gets out of town this offseason. Go back to the Mets buddy.

Meier

This. When you start celebrating halfway to third AFTER YOU JUST CADILLAC'D THINKING YOU HIT A HOMER, you need to reasses your way of thinking. When Beltran calls you out like that, you done fucked up. Keep in mind he played with Jose Reyes, who many considered (unfairly) to have some hot dog in him. Puig makes Reyes and Brandon Phillips look like Kris Benson.

The whole line of thinking is fucking dumb. I love baseball, always have.. but they need to wake up and realize it isn't the early 1900s still. This celebration followed a goal that lead to an absolutely meaningless draw. Yes, I hate RVP, but I don't have any problem with him doing this.

RVP-Celebration-v-West-Ham-2-2.gif

Let the players do whatever they want and focus on your own game.

Malo

Banned
Beltran is a changed man and not in a good way. Clearly he's been hanging around St. Louis for too long. The culture has broken him, I hope he gets out of town this offseason. Go back to the Mets buddy.
Apparently there's going to be mutual interest between him and the Yankees this offseason, but no thanks as he's assuredly going to receive a qualifying offer from the Cards and we would lose our lowest first round draft pick in years.

Jubs

The perfect offseason for the yanks would be to sign beltran (after he gets his QO from the cards) and then trade for dan uggla. That would get an A+ from me.

eznark

Banned
I wonder how real old school players would feel about Cowardly Carlos crying to the media that someone hurt his feelings? I imagine Bob Gibson would kick the everloving shit out of that weepy douche.

eznark

Banned
It's endlessly amusing to me that the team which employed probably the biggest showboat bitch in the history of the sport, who would do a backflip over nothing, cry about respecting the game. Unless they remove all mention of Ozzie Smith from all team related publications and facilities they are absurdly full of shit.

BFIB

It's endlessly amusing to me that the team which employed probably the biggest showboat bitch in the history of the sport, who would do a backflip over nothing, cry about respecting the game. Unless they remove all mention of Ozzie Smith from all team related publications and facilities they are absurdly full of shit.

Ozzie doing a backflip before the game (usually on Opening Day, or when the Cards were at home in the playoffs) didn't affect anything about the game. Puig celebrating when he should have been out of the batters box immediately, and very well could have had an inside the parker, is something else. I however did not have an issue w/ his celebration once he reached 3B, nor have an issue w/ Adrian pumping his fists after his double.

I don't mind celebrations, in fact, I think baseball players should show more emotion. Its a big game, and big, timely hits deserve recognition. But, Puig throwing his arms up at home plate without being a guaranteed HR made him look like an idiot.

That would make zero sense. Unless Mattingly wants the option of starting Zach again on short rest in a potential Game 7.

I'm pretty sure it's Nolasco until they say otherwise

and they probably would have said otherwise by now with the game 5 hours away

edit: actually they did announce kershaw at around this time .. idk.. nolasco seems a better choice

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Puig's bat flip looks like basically every at bat shit head Torii Hunter has ever taken in MLB, I don't see what the big deal is.

eznark

Banned
Ozzie doing a backflip before the game (usually on Opening Day, or when the Cards were at home in the playoffs) didn't affect anything about the game. Puig celebrating when he should have been out of the batters box immediately, and very well could have had an inside the parker, is something else. I however did not have an issue w/ his celebration once he reached 3B, nor have an issue w/ Adrian pumping his fists after his double.

I don't mind celebrations, in fact, I think baseball players should show more emotion. Its a big game, and big, timely hits deserve recognition. But, Puig throwing his arms up at home plate without being a guaranteed HR made him look like an idiot.

Premeditated celebrations are 100x worse than spontaneous emotion.

Class in baseball has died with the retirement of Mo, get used to it. Soon we'll see players pulling sharpies out of their socks and signing bats every time they hit a home run.

ReMaKe

Man, this is ugly to watch. All they do is strikeout. Never seen the red sox get dominated like this, they look unbalance, and very uncomfortable. Tigers as well.
Hopefully we'll get his pitch count enough by the 6th.
Lackey looking really good.

Dr Prob

Banned
Ok. SportsCenter studio it is!

Don't ever become a genie please. You'll get offers, gotta turn them down.

I know it's an early start, but did anyone else see the MLB Network pre-game show where they were fucking around on their tiny field trying to simulate the effects of shadows on catchers and batters? They should all be arrested.

Dr Prob

Banned
Lackey hung one but got away with it. Still, nice grind there.

Sox are about where you'd want to be considering the matchup.

Top Bottom