• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

jvU65dNKx4sAy.jpg

The offense just can't bring in runs. It's been bad for the longest time (except for those 2 fluke Barves games). With Hanley hurt I have no hope.

Caja 117

The offense just can't bring in runs. It's been bad for the longest time (except for those 2 fluke Barves games). With Hanley hurt I have no hope.

Not giving up, but hopefully for next season they have a stronger lineup, with Kemp healthy and maybe an upgrade at 3rd base or 2nd base.

Sanjuro

Lol and Fever Pitch 2 coming soon. Thank you Cards!!!

E: ball should be flying out tomorrow with ease. Supposed to be near 90°.

Jimmy Fallon ruined my first World Series.

Although, if they filmed Dumb and Dumber To on field, I'd possibly be okay with that.

Supposedly, Brian McCann is seeking a 6-year, $100 million deal.

Ladies and gentlemen, you new catcher, Evan Gattis

His agent is nuts. He will be 30 years old next season, and catchers break down offensively before other positions usually, plus he had a down year. 256 avg 20 HRs and 57RBIs. I bet he signs for less then what they are saying.

According to this article, Brian McCann really will go to the Yankees:

There's one free-agent position player that the Yankees need to pull out all the stops to sign. Catcher Brian McCann is an immediate upgrade over Chris Stewart, Austin Romine and Francisco Cervelli, and signing him to a four-year deal would be enough time to allow Gary Sanchez to continue his development in the minors.

Unless he re-signs in Atlanta, McCann should be wearing pinstripes in 2014. It's a no-brainer, and there should be no excuse for Cashman if he doesn't make it happen.

A perennial 20-home run threat and rock behind the plate, McCann has proven himself nothing if not consistent over the years. He also plays with a fire that could do well to ignite some of the older players on the squad.

Made it to Comerica an hour before the game started and I'm really glad I managed to get a great seat when I bought my ticket days ago. How great was the seat?

isFYajdHM4MNc.JPG

On-Deck circle zone. Just a few seats away from the visitor dugout and only a few feet away from the on-deck circle for the visiting team

Here are the rest of the pics (I seriously have a pic taking problem when it comes to major sporting events)

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Jubs

How much is the QO, and what happens if he doesnt sign anywhere else, would the Braves be stuck with him for another year?

I heard $14 mil thrown around. If he doesn't sign elsewhere and signs the QO, then yeah, he'll be w/ the braves for another year. But i'm confident he won't sign. He knows he's injury-prone and on a decline, so he'll want that fat contract before he becomes really useless.

Tigers lineup for tonight's game-

Torii Hunter, RF
Miguel Cabrera, 3B
Prince Fielder, 1B
Victor Martinez DH
Jhonny Peralta, LF
Alex Avila, C
Omar Infante, 2B
Austin Jackson, CF
Jose Iglesias, SS

Smart lineup changes imo. Getting Jackson at the bottom, putting Peralta and Martinez together.

BFIB

Decided to load up the local Doyers radio station instead of StL (no Shannon).

When the Vin man retires, its going to be a very sad day. What a beautiful voice.

I heard $14 mil thrown around. If he doesn't sign elsewhere and signs the QO, then yeah, he'll be w/ the braves for another year. But i'm confident he won't sign. He knows he's injury-prone and on a decline, so he'll want that fat contract before he becomes really useless.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Top Bottom