• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

Opiate

I think three things can explain the low scoring:

1) Small sample size -- particularly when you take out the first game. Yes, in any 2 game span, it's possible for scores to be low.

2) This is the world series, so presumably the pitching on both teams will be notably above average.

3) This is the second game in an NL park, which will depress your hitting.

Sanjuro

DON'T FUCKING THROW THE BALL ANYWHERE YOU MOTHERFUCKERS.

USE THE NINTENDO D-PAD AND MOVE YOUR ENTIRE TEAM AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!

Sun Drugs

Wasn't there another similar play (double play ball) earlier in the playoffs where his foot was already way off the bag but he was still called out? Or is that different because he had already touched the bag and was coming off it? Don't remember which series it was...

Edwardo

Wasn't there another similar play (double play ball) earlier in the playoffs where his foot was already way off the bag but he was still called out? Or is that different because he had already touched the bag and was coming off it? Don't remember which series it was...

I heard something about umps giving the defense the benefit of the doubt on double plays. That there is a general area near the bag they can be and still be called out. I forget where I heard it. Might've been on talk radio..

vikki

I heard something about umps giving the defense the benefit of the doubt on double plays. That there is a general area near the bag they can be and still be called out. I forget where I heard it. Might've been on talk radio..

That actually doesn't sound that bad considering you have guys sliding into you all the time, but I think they must practice touching and throwing quite a bit.

AND that's how to keep Gomes from hitting into a double play. Alright Gomes, time to take one down the line.

Top Bottom