• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

Sanjuro

Talk about the Wong way to end a game.

EDIT: It was a low hanging fruit, I suppose. Of course I was beaten.

ixW2oWIGGAZjT.gif

hemtae

I was getting flashbacks on that Ellsbury missed ball. I also got really depressed that Drew didn't channel his older brother for a grand slam. Glad to see everything worked out.

Breslow is still borked though.

ReMaKe

The Good:
*Buccholz, Doubront, Lackey, Koji all pitched great.
*Ortiz is still the man. Mr October.

The Bad:
*Breslow is still a mess.
*Our offense is still struggling.
*We still can't make accurate throws.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Yall need to finish this series already. Offseason thread is needed.

Bought myself that ps4 controller today at gamestop. its purdy.

Yep. First WS game ever to end on a pickoff. First game of any kind to end on a pickoff since 1936.

I'm surprised no games have ended on a pick-off in over 70 years. You'd think it'd be a little more common than that. What fucked Wong was the timing. He jumped to his right right as Koji made the throw, so Wong was caught in the middle of moving the wrong way. I don't think that was so much Koji's timing as much as it was just a little bit of good luck for Boston; I don't see how Koji could have a reaction time that fast to catch Wong leaning the wrong way for that half second.

I'm surprised no games have ended on a pick-off in over 70 years. You'd think it'd be a little more common than that. What fucked Wong was the timing. He jumped to his right right as Koji made the throw, so Wong was caught in the middle of moving the wrong way. I don't think that was so much Koji's timing as much as it was just a little bit of good luck for Boston; I don't see how Koji could have a reaction time that fast to catch Wong leaning the wrong way for that half second.
Its crazy we still have firsts after so many years.

BFIB

Wong getting picked off wasn't the issue. Zero offense again was the issue. This team only seems to battle when they have to battle, and do not put any pressure whatsoever to build big leads (only in game 1 of the NLDS and game 6 of the NLCS has this happened).

Freese and Jay are non-existent on the offense. This lineup needs a shakeup.

Top Bottom