• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

jbug617

Banned
Not a big first but this is the first time this post season that the Cards lost a game when they scored first. Prior to last night they were 8-0.

Wong getting picked off wasn't the issue. Zero offense again was the issue. This team only seems to battle when they have to battle, and do not put any pressure whatsoever to build big leads (only in game 1 of the NLDS and game 6 of the NLCS has this happened).

Freese and Jay are non-existent on the offense. This lineup needs a shakeup.
We don't exactly have many options. Really a shame that Craig is still hobbled - he's tattooing the baseball right now.

Whoever wins tonight takes the series IMO. Wainwright and the defense needs to be absolutely sharp because I don't see Lester giving up much.

BFIB

We don't exactly have many options. Really a shame that Craig is still hobbled - he's tattooing the baseball right now.

Whoever wins tonight takes the series IMO. Wainwright and the defense needs to be absolutely sharp because I don't see Lester giving up much.

I expect Waino to go deep into this one. Heck, he may dominate this lineup tonight since he pitched so poorly in game 1. He's looking to redeem himself.

If it were up to me, I would move Robinson to the 2 spot, and then have everyone else drop a spot in the order:

1. Carp
2. Robinson
3. Beltran
4. Holliday
5. Molina
6. Adams
7. Freese
8. Kozma
9. Waino

Need to get the guys who actually are producing, in spots to bring in runs. Right now, having Beltran in the 2 spot isn't really helping, since the bottom of the order isn't doing its job right now.

Wong getting picked off wasn't the issue. Zero offense again was the issue. This team only seems to battle when they have to battle, and do not put any pressure whatsoever to build big leads (only in game 1 of the NLDS and game 6 of the NLCS has this happened).

Freese and Jay are non-existent on the offense. This lineup needs a shakeup.

I wonder what the record is for number of baserunners stranded in the World Series. The 2013 Cardinals might be pretty close already.

It's especially incredible when you think about how good this team was with RISP during the regular season.

Sanjuro

Apparently Google are Red Sox fans.

uCYH1N4.png

I'd be surprised. Adams earthshaking intangibles are not to be denied.
Adams is starting at 1B either way so...
do a better job at trolling?
If Craig isn't able to DH for w/e reason, you're looking at Descalso or Robinson batting in the lineup in Craig's place, which is an obviously severe downgrade.

Sanjuro

Adams is starting at 1B either way so...
do a better job at trolling?
If Craig isn't able to DH for w/e reason, you're looking at Descalso or Robinson batting in the lineup in Craig's place, which is an obviously severe downgrade.

Not really attempting to do a job here. Yes, I'm aware of the starting players for the team. I've just been hearing about how broken down he is a bit too much.

Kolton Wong was crying in front of reporters last night? What in the actual fuck? I hope Mike Matheny slugged him and then benches him for the rest of the series.

Edwardo

Jacoby Ellsbury CF
Dustin Pedroia 2B
David Ortiz 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Daniel Nava RF
Xander Bogaerts 3B
Stephen Drew SS
David Ross C
Jon Lester P

Victorino still out, Ross still in.

Top Bottom