• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

JCizzle

AL in 20 years: DH for every position.

Also kids in school aspiring to be a professional batter.

I see nothing wrong with that, lets pitchers not waste anytime at all thinking about hitting.

But yes, the Red Sox usually have the most embarrassing pitching staff at the plate, I won't dispute that.

DH will come to the NL within five years. It has no chance of living past the next collective bargaining agreement now that interleague play is year-round. More money for aging players, more offense, less whiny AL fans complaining about fogey old NL fans.

Edit - I have no idea when the next CB is due anyway.

Sanjuro

It's still unfair that the NL had two games with the DH to this point already. Will never understand that. If they love "Pure Baseball" that much, why don't they just play it every game?

Holiday

Banned
Why stop at one DH? Why not have two totally separate squads, hitters and fielders? Or even three, hitters, fielders, and runners? That way, no one would ever have to suffer the injustice of doing something they are bad at.

Sanjuro

Why stop at one DH? Why not have two totally separate squads, hitters and fielders? Or even three, hitters, fielders, and runners? That way, no one would ever have to suffer the injustice of doing something they are bad at.

Because position players should have the right to field? Not that complicated.

oatmeal

Banned
koji.jpg

DarkFlow

Banned
It's still unfair that the NL had two games with the DH to this point already. Will never understand that. If they love "Pure Baseball" that much, why don't they just play it every game?
Yeah, if it's so pure, then why use a DH in the AL ballpark? No one's stopping you from sending your pitcher out to bat.

Holiday

Banned
Yeah, if it's so pure, then why use a DH in the AL ballpark? No one's stopping you from sending your pitcher out to bat.

No reason to put yourself at a disadvantage just because of a crappy rule system.

Because position players should have the right to field? Not that complicated.

Right to field? Sounds like a musty old tradition standing in the way of the nonstop rallies and excitement that the three squad model would provide.

DarkFlow

Banned
No reason to put yourself at a disadvantage just because of a crappy rule system.

Right to field? Sounds like a musty old tradition standing in the way of the nonstop rallies and excitement that the three squad model would provide.
So you agree it's a disadvantage letting your pitcher bat.

Holiday

Banned
So you agree it's a disadvantage letting your pitcher bat.

Yes, when playing under rules that allow a DH. That doesn't make the DH any less stupid.

It's also a disadvantage letting Drew bat instead of someone better. Why not DHs all around? Then nothing but advantages for everybody.

Hell, throw in steroids and aluminum bats too. Because EXCITEMENT!

DarkFlow

Banned
Yes, when playing under rules that allow a DH. That doesn't make the DH any less stupid.

It's also a disadvantage letting Drew bat instead of someone better. Why not DHs all around? Then nothing but advantages for everybody.

There's a difference between a SS that play's everyday, takes BP everyday and a Pitcher who plays every 5.

3N16MA

Banned
The DH debate again? Can't NL fans just accept that the NL style of automatic outs is a dying breed? No on wants to watch pitchers who are paid to pitch and field their position try to hit and fail miserably.

The day will come when the DH enters the NL and you all will love it.

Holiday

Banned
There's a difference between a SS that play's everyday, takes BP everyday and a Pitcher who plays every 5.

There's also a difference between Drew, who can't hit, and someone on the bench who can. Why is one difference more important than the other? Think of how many rallies would survive, rather than being tragically killed by poor-hitting shortstops.

DarkFlow

Banned
There's also a difference between Drew, who can't hit, and someone on the bench who can. Why is one difference more important than the other? Think of how many rallies would survive, rather than being tragically killed by poor-hitting shortstops.

Most SS can hit, hell Drew is normally a better hitter then this.

Ryaaan14

Banned
To be fair I think DH is pretty cool if you're playing a video game. I think most NL fans can agree with that.

However I think it kinda spoils the reality of if you're a pitcher you literally don't have to know how to hold a baseball bat.

Holiday

Banned
The DH debate again? Can't NL fans just accept that the NL style of automatic outs is a dying breed? No on wants to watch pitchers who are paid to pitch and field their position try to hit and fail miserably.

All true but the last part. Hate hate hate, hate hate hate hate.

Watching the replay of that Ross double...Holiday runs like he's got a shit in his pants. How much longer can he realistically butcher the OF? Is he considered a bad defender?

Sanjuro

Watching the replay of that Ross double...Holiday runs like he's got a shit in his pants. How much longer can he realistically butcher the OF? Is he considered a bad defender?

He is terrible. I'm not looking at numbers, but he is probably the easily the worst fielder if we are basing it off salary.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Sure. The DH rule is pretty fair to people with a poor mindset. Ask Hipster Manager.

The DH rule is fair in an all-DH environment, I'm not really sure that's what's being discussed here. I think the discussion is revolving around whether or not one position should be exempt from playing baseball, ethically.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

Every player must play both offense and defense. No exceptions.

Also, lol cardinals.

Sanjuro

The DH rule is fair in an all-DH environment, I'm not really sure that's what's being discussed here. I think the discussion is revolving around whether or not one position should be exempt from playing baseball, ethically.

No. The discussion at the moment is a couple trolls with nothing valid to add to the topic.

Top Bottom