• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

Ryaaan14

Banned
Which team do you support? I will mock just about any team you name other than the Yankees.

I support Cardinals and White Sox, I'm a Cardinals lifelong and 100% right to field.

Sure. You've been on here for three years, don't talk baseball, and are deliberately ignoring discussion to further your "point".

You must not check the postseason threads much? I have stopped in for the past couple Cards visits, including the time I clogged my toilet with a massive shit causing the Cards to take the trophy.

just keep it as is. everybody's happy. i like the pitcher hitting one reason because it makes the manager make tough decisions in game. the Red Sox had runners on second and third one out with a 2-1 lead in the 7th and the pitcher coming up. Lester was pitching a hell of a game, so he stayed in the game and bunted, Farrell could have pinch hit for him, trying to pad the lead but go to his bullpen early or, he left him in, decreasing the chances of the runs scoring but keeping your ace in the game

Holiday

Banned
I threw that out there after nonsense. Already made my point!

Even as a poor man's argument, it's still effective. You just have some strange reaction to it.
I disagree!

So, do you have anything else to add other then your hatred of the DH? So far all I've seen you post in the last few days is crap about how you hate the DH.

The Cardinals are flaccid chokers. You can watch them shrink from the moment in real time. Adams in particular wants no part of this series.

3N16MA

Banned
I support Cardinals and White Sox, I'm a Cardinals lifelong and 100% right to field.

You must not check the postseason threads much? I have stopped in for the past couple Cards visits, including the time I clogged my toilet with a massive shit causing the Cards to take the trophy.

I don't get down with that dual team shit!

Ryaaan14

Banned
I don't get down with that dual team shit!

I live in Chicago, no choice. Basically I'm bout dat fuck the Cubbies life.
DH for all.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Very well, no DH for anyone.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hmm... DH for some, DH for others.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not true. I'd be a content kitten if they eliminated DH.

Triple edit: Did I mention I support the right to field

Sanjuro

I live in Chicago, no choice. Basically I'm bout dat fuck the Cubbies life.

Not true. I'd be a content kitten if they eliminated DH.

Triple edit: Did I mention I support the right to field

You keep saying the same thing, but not while addressing any valid points. Congrats.

Ryaaan14

Banned
You keep saying the same thing, but not while addressing any valid points. Congrats.

I keep answering your questions. I was seriously bored tonight and didn't expect a Ryaaan14 feature in the MLB Postseason thread by none other than Sanjuro. But I'm fucking down for this.

DarkFlow

Banned
I keep answering your questions. I was seriously bored tonight and didn't expect a Ryaaan14 feature in the MLB Postseason thread by none other than Sanjuro. But I'm fucking down for this.

And I'm down for putting you on ignore, nice not talking to you. You don't add anything to the decision other then you being a jackass for no reason.

Ryaaan14

Banned
And I'm down for putting you on ignore, nice not talk to you. You don't add anything to the decision other then you being a jackass for no reason.

I'll bet you your own quotes from tonight you won't actually put me on ignore either.

And calm down man. I'm simply answering Sanjuro's questions. I'm not sending him anti-Boston gifs or whining about his egging on.

DarkFlow

Banned
I'll bet you your own quotes from tonight you won't actually put me on ignore either.

And calm down man. I'm simply answering Sanjuro's questions. I'm not sending him anti-Boston gifs or whining about his egging on.

Since you posted this before I got around too it, You lose.

t6aXg5G.png

Enjoy your echo chamber!

I hate to ask a Giants fan for anything but Corran please put the thread up now!!! This is getting as bad as Cena coming back and winning the title again with one shoulder

hemtae

I hate to ask a Giants fan for anything but Corran please put the thread up now!!! This is getting as bad as Cena coming back and winning the title again with one shoulder

How about next time you guys don't get blown out in your elimination game :p

...I just wanted to insult somebody.

That was nice, the game went great, and no unpleasant surprises at the end either... though game 4's surprise last out wasn't unpleasant, I'm sure we'd have won that one anyway (that just made it easier).

We'd better win game 6, though... I mean, who pitches game 7? Peavy? :S Could Doubront start instead?

The DH debate again? Can't NL fans just accept that the NL style of automatic outs is a dying breed? No on wants to watch pitchers who are paid to pitch and field their position try to hit and fail miserably.

The day will come when the DH enters the NL and you all will love it.

Yeah. It's coming, and the AL game is better and more fun too.

Edwardo

John Cena is a national treasure.

So true. I actually was pretty friendly with his dad. He always came into the blockbuster that I worked at in high school almost every weekday.

We'd better win game 6, though... I mean, who pitches game 7? Peavy? :S Could Doubront start instead?

I think Dubront is available. I'd love to see him start since he was on fire the other night. I honestly feel like we'll see Peavy start with a pretty short leash and Dubront ready to go at any point. Granted we dont need to do anything crazy with our pitching tomorrow night. It's the world series, so all hands on deck at this point.

BFIB

Well, that was...something.

Hard for the Cards to win when you only put together 4 hits. And look at way too many pitches without battling at the plate. Its not over, but even if Wacha pitches a perfect game, hard to do anything when your offense has disappeared.

Found this tonight:

UeF47Fl.png

This is awesome, thanks for sharing.

I missed a few of the innings of the game last night and obviously wasn't around here to post, but it seemed like a better-played game by both teams in terms of defense... which isn't saying much after the first few games sucked so severely. I feel as good as I can going into Boston down 2-3 since we're on Wacha's shoulders, but that's still a shit ton of pressure on a rookie. We'll see, should be a fun game either way.

Also, FUCKING. WALK. PAPI. EVERY. TIME. Or bean him to save yourself some pitches, but fuck, do not pitch to that man. Only Billy Hatcher in 1990 has had a better average so far, but that was only with 15 plate appearances. No one in history has had as good of a batting average in a single world series with as many plate appearances as Ortiz has.

In minor league news, the Akron Aeros (Indians AA team) are now the Akron RubberDucks.

akron_rubberducks_480x270_mxmv0iyx_y0cxrxkv.jpg

I actually like the name (it has been on a shortlist of possible new names of the team for a while), but the logos and color palette are hideous.

At least they knew not to go Blackface :p

Here's what I would do to get away with it:

Have four white guys go with makeup on to make them look black (but not exaggerated style, AKA Blackface) And have a black player go with white makeup on as John Candy.

Everybody is safe; everyone can laugh.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
In minor league news, the Akron Aeros (Indians AA team) are now the Akron RubberDucks.

akron_rubberducks_480x270_mxmv0iyx_y0cxrxkv.jpg

I actually like the name (it has been on a shortlist of possible new names of the team for a while), but the logos and color palette are hideous.

I like the grimacing duck logo above the text. They should keep that one and use it instead of the other two shitty ones. Are those supposed to be tire tracks?

Top Bottom