• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

3N16MA

Banned
In minor league news, the Akron Aeros (Indians AA team) are now the Akron RubberDucks.

akron_rubberducks_480x270_mxmv0iyx_y0cxrxkv.jpg

I actually like the name (it has been on a shortlist of possible new names of the team for a while), but the logos and color palette are hideous.

4Hy3sA0.jpg

Both give off a badass feeling.

Back on the topic of the DH - here is a great column by STL sports writer Bernie Miklasz about it. It ran on opening day this year. It's well researched and takes a practical perspective and it also pretty well sums up how I feel about it. (Apologies for the mobile link, I'm on my phone.)

http://m.stltoday.com/sports/column...5f7a-848d-ae91c5308186.html?mobile_touch=true

Recommended read. Be interested to know your thoughts after reading.

I really don't care a whole lot about the DH - being from an NL town, I guess I would prefer that there be no DH.

Ultimately, though, I just want some consistency between the NL and AL. Whether that means that the AL abolishes DH or the NL adopts it, I don't particularly care. So I do agree with Bernie about this particular issue.

Edwardo

You would think whatever company they use for travel would just send another plane out right away. Especially with a big mlb team contract.

Can't wait to watch Wacha pitch tonight. I'm hoping to see something special.

If Wacha wins tonight, he'll be the third starting pitcher in MLB history to win five games in a single postseason.

That's crazy. I'm excited to see him in the next few years. He's got some incredible stuff for anyone, not even counting his age.

Sanjuro

If Wacha wins tonight, he'll be the third starting pitcher in MLB history to win five games in a single postseason.

That's crazy. I'm excited to see him in the next few years. He's got some incredible stuff for anyone, not even counting his age.

He certainly has better "stuff" than Lackey, even though he was outpitched his last start.

eznark

Banned

Totally. He is the next Anthony Reyes

BFIB

Cards lineup is out. The bottom 4 are known as the suck zone.

Carpenter 2b
Beltran rf
Holliday lf
Craig dh
Molina c
Adams 1b
Freese 3b
Jay cf
Descalso ss

DarkFlow

Banned
Well there's that, and assuming you'd take someone it's upwards of $1500 just for bad seats. I love Fenway, but there are bad seats.

GL Sanjuro. If you're going, go BIG!
Do they still have the pillar seats, or did they somehow fix that. Been awhile since I went to Fenway.

Ready for the scariest thing?

If the Red Sox win tonight, they will have just as many World Series titles in the last 15 years as the Yankees.

Just saying.

JDHarbs

Its impossible for me to root for anyone other than the underdog. So I can gladly say that I don't care who wins this series.

Top Bottom