• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

Grats to the Red Sox fans. Would be surprised if you guys didn't win it all, pretty much the best rotation on top of the best lineup in these playoffs.

Some of you Yankees fans in here are fucking sad though. Get a life. Stop hating on others because you root for a third place sorry ass team thats headed for a decade of irrelevance like they're the New York Knicks.

Will definitely miss David Price. Seeing him warm up in the pen to end the season really hurts. Will definitely not miss Fernando Rodney. He can take his plantains and his arrows and get the hell out of town. Also fuck Jake McGee. It's pathetic to see a guy who throws 95% fastballs actually have zero fastball command.

This one really hurts. I'll see you guys in the offseason thread.

29-Camron-NP.gif

Ratings have been good so far thru Monday. Two Game 5s should help bring them up a bit more.

tvbythenumbers said:
MLB Postseason: Ratings Flat, Viewership Up, Through Monday’s Games

Despite the absence of the New York Yankees, the 2013 MLB Division Series has held up well on TBS.

Coverage of the MLB Division Series on TBS averaged a 2.3 U.S. rating and 3.5 million viewers through Monday’s action, flat in ratings and up 2% in viewership from the comparable point last year (2.3, 3.5M). According to Turner Sports, this marks the highest average for the Division Series since 2010.

Monday’s Red Sox/Rays Game 3 earned 4.5 million viewers on TBS, down 22% from Orioles/Yankees Game 3 on a Wednesday night last year (5.8M), and down 36% from Yankees/Tigers Game 4 on a Tuesday night in 2011 (7.0M). Keep in mind the comparable games last year and in 2011 aired in later timeslots.

Versus last year’s comparable Monday night telecast — Yankees/Orioles Game 2, also in a later timeslot — viewership increased by 15% (3.9M to 4.5M).

Despite the declines, Red Sox/Rays Game 3 ranks as the most-viewed game of the Division Series thus far, and the third-most viewed of the playoffs (both Wild Card games earned larger audiences).

In other action Monday, Game 4 of the Braves/Dodgers series drew 3.9 million viewers — up 47% from Tigers/A’s Game 4 on TNT last year (2.7M) and up 85% from Brewers/Diamondbacks Game 3 on TNT in 2011 (2.1M). Keep in mind the comparable games last year and in 2011 aired directly opposite Yankee games on TBS.

Game 4 between the Cardinals and Pirates earned 2.6 million viewers during the afternoon, up 5% from Giants/Reds Game 4 last year (2.5M), and down 44% from Phillies/Cardinals Game 3 in 2011 (4.6M). Both games aired in later timeslots.

Over the weekend, Sunday’s Braves/Dodgers Game 3 had 3.4 million viewers (-20%), Cardinals/Pirates Game 3 had 2.9 million earlier in the day (-19%), Tigers/A’s Game 2 had 3.3 million on Saturday night (-21%), and the early evening Rays/Red Sox Game 2 had 3.0 million (+13%).

Viewership was not immediately available for the two Division Series games on MLB Network.

Joe Girardi back with the Yankees. Four years, 16 million.

I'm happy about this, actually.

Now if we can sit tight and develop some rotation arms (I'm still hoping Nova is legit and Pineda can be legit again) and get the cupboard restocked with some sticks, I'll be satisfied.

Will definitely miss David Price. Seeing him warm up in the pen to end the season really hurts. Will definitely not miss Fernando Rodney. He can take his plantains and his arrows and get the hell out of town. Also fuck Jake McGee. It's pathetic to see a guy who throws 95% fastballs actually have zero fastball command.

This one really hurts. I'll see you guys in the offseason thread.

Yep, I was sitting with my friend in the outfield and saw Price warming up and it was such a tease because I knew in the back of my mind he would not be used. Peralta also screwed us over by allowing those two wild pitch runs that gave the Sox the momentum to win.

But hey, at least we made it as far as we did.

Meier

Saw this on Facebook and got a pretty good laugh.

Los Angeles Dodgers
Moving forward the #Dodgers will be offering fans free general parking during the Postseason if they have four or more passengers in their car.

Ozzie Ruiz
Mexicans will have more than 4,trust me...thats how we roll!

Saw this on Facebook and got a pretty good laugh.

Los Angeles Dodgers
Moving forward the #Dodgers will be offering fans free general parking during the Postseason if they have four or more passengers in their car.

Ozzie Ruiz
Mexicans will have more than 4,trust me...thats how we roll!
4? That's just in the trunk. We rolling up in the old school vans!!!

So dumb question but can anyone explain why the home field schedule of the AL/NLDS is all over the place this year? For instance the Oakland series is 1-2-2, yet Pitts is 1-2-1-1, whatever happened to all series just being two 2-2-1.

harSon

Banned
So dumb question but can anyone explain why the home field schedule of the AL/NLDS is all over the place this year? For instance the Oakland series is 1-2-2, yet Pitts is 1-2-1-1, whatever happened to all series just being two 2-2-1.

The Pirates/Cardinals series was 2-2-1, and so was the Tigers/A's series...

How do Yankee fans feel about the Girardi resigning? I remember in this thread a couple years back most of the Council were calling for his head. Small sample size of fans, but I assume most NYY fans here live in New York.

Sorry, got confused for a second. Dumb mistake my bad.

edit: I did say it was a dumb question!! Gimme a break I've been sick lately =/

How do Yankee fans feel about the Girardi resigning?
Fine. He did a good job this year and I don't think anybody who would have replaced him would do a better job next year. I was kind of hoping Mattingly might get the job, just for fun.

I remember in this thread a couple years back most of the Council were calling for his head. Small sample size of fans, but I assume most NYY fans here live in New York.

I have no idea what you're talking about....

srCDsPB.jpg

Top Bottom