• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

It's a scary thought when the primary focus of your organization is to trot him around, ballpark to stadium, when he is a broken player. Combine him with A-Rod, Cash is going to need to do something about the left side of the infield.

If the solution is still Nunez...LOL.

What the hell are you talking about "trot him around"? He was injured this year, he wasn't able to train properly and couldn't stay healthy. Yankees need to worry about their pitching, not the left side of the infield.

Sanjuro

What the hell are you talking about "trot him around"? He was injured this year, he wasn't able to train properly and couldn't stay healthy. Yankees need to worry about their pitching, not the left side of the infield.

...what the hell are you talking about? The drought of right handed hitting didn't hinder the Yankees this season? Not having a SS or 3B isn't a worry?

...what the hell are you talking about? The drought of right handed hitting didn't hinder the Yankees this season? Not having a SS or 3B isn't a worry?

What are YOU talking about. They were injured. Arod was injured. Youkilis was injured. Nix and Nunez are suitable replacements going forward, and if Cano doesn't get resigned that leaves cap room for improvement elsewhere. With Soriano adding good right-handed pop to the lineup it's not a major area of concern. The pitching is.

Sanjuro

What are YOU talking about. They were injured. Arod was injured. Youkilis was injured. Nix and Nunez are suitable replacements going forward, and if Cano doesn't get resigned that leaves cap room for improvement elsewhere. With Soriano adding good right-handed pop to the lineup it's not a major area of concern. The pitching is.

The Yankees pitching was fine last season. Not great, but somewhere in the middle of the pack.

If you believe A-Rod and Jeter can go 162 next season, then you are crazy.

Malo

Banned
The Yankees pitching was fine last season. Not great, but somewhere in the middle of the pack.

I agree with you. This offseason they need to prioritize left side of the infield help and starting pitching. Yankees need to get a ss this offseason.

They also need to DFA Wells and get a right fielder because Ichiro isn't cutting it.

Mo, Andy, Joba and Hughes won't be here next year. Robertson is going to be the closer for the first time, we have no set-up man, no lefty pitching, God knows when Pineda or any of those minor's pitchers will be ready, and how good CC will be or if Kuroda will even be here next year. But yeah, lets worry about how much pop our SS will have, that makes sense.

I never said that. I said I expect the team to be plagued by injuries less, and that Nix and Nunez are good back ups.

Sanjuro

So you need another starter? That's fairly normal for most teams heading into the offseason.

Nix and Nunez are trash journeymen. The team should be realistically looking at longer term solutions in the lineup instead of turning each season into a traveling tribute show.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The Yankees roster has so many holes next year. Going to be almost impossible to field a competitive (i.e. in contention) team.

Sanjuro

The Yankees roster has so many holes next year. Going to be almost impossible to field a competitive (i.e. in contention) team.

They were a borderline postseason contender this season without making any adjustments. Don't see them falling out much farther.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
They were a borderline postseason contender this season without making any adjustments. Don't see them falling out much farther.

Well, I'm assuming Cano is gone, so that's a huge drop-off. I doubt Soriano will give them the same value on a rate-basis. And then yeah, the pitching will likely be a mess. They'll probably work their Yankee magic and remain a .500 team though.

Malo

Banned
Well, I'm assuming Cano is gone, so that's a huge drop-off. I doubt Soriano will give them the same value on a rate-basis. And then yeah, the pitching will likely be a mess. They'll probably work their Yankee magic and remain a .500 team though.
Cano will be back and the Yankees are going outbid themselves as usual. But yeah, we're going to be bad and I'm okay with that. It's time to rebuild.

Zaphod

Quick dumb question. I don't have cable and my girlfriend is a huge Cards fan. Is postseason.tv any good or should I just go to the bar?

Sanjuro

Don't see Cano going anywhere. Soriano isn't a free agent.

So you need another starter? That's fairly normal for most teams heading into the offseason.

Nix and Nunez are trash journeymen. The team should be realistically looking at longer term solutions in the lineup instead of turning each season into a traveling tribute show.

Another 2 starters, at least. Unless Phelps is going to be in the rotation. And they don't have a prominent ace either. This is more important then grabbing a decent 5th starter.

Nunez is a trash journeyman? That shows how little you know what you're talking about. Stick with the Bawstn' sports please.

There's no reason to look for a long term solution to 3rd or SS with Jeter and Arod still on the payroll for $200 million. 2 or 3 years down the line? Sure, but by that time you'd look to see if you have anyone you could bring up from the farm because going into FA. And if Cano goes then a 2B would be top priority.

Sanjuro

Another 2 starters, at least. Unless Phelps is going to be in the rotation. And they don't have a prominent ace either. This is more important then grabbing a decent 5th starter.

Nunez is a trash journeyman? That shows how little you know what you're talking about. Stick with the Bawstn' sports please.

There's no reason to look for a long term solution to 3rd or SS with Jeter and Arod still on the payroll for $200 million. 2 or 3 years down the line? Sure, but by that time you'd look to see if you have anyone you could bring up from the farm because going into FA. And if Cano goes then a 2B would be top priority.

Sabathia, Kuroda, Nova, Pineda. Re-Sign Colon or any number of bottom of the rotation arms are available.

So you think Nunez is a long term starting position player? Interesting.

Also, 2 or 3 years? 2 or 3 years!?

i4J2LgtRuFZL3.gif

Sox Yankees rivalry still in season..lol

I'm worried about this Yankee team. Trying to educate the lifelongs!

Sabathia, Kuroda, Nova, Pineda. Re-Sign Colon or any number of bottom of the rotation arms are available.

Are you being intentionally obtuse?

CC- Ended season on DL
Kuroda- FA, don't know if he'll resign
Nova- Besides Andy he was the only reliable starter at the end of the season.
Pineda- Don't even know if/when he'll be promoted to the majors.

That's not exactly a strong rotation in need of a single decent 5th starter. They only have 2 starters that we know will be there opening day.

So you think Nunez is a long term starting position player? Interesting.

Yes I do.

Sanjuro

Are you being intentionally obtuse?

CC- Ended season on DL
Kuroda- FA, don't know if he'll resign
Nova- Besides Andy he was the only reliable starter at the end of the season.
Pineda- Don't even know if/when he'll be promoted to the majors.

That's not exactly a strong rotation in need of a single decent 5th starter. They only have 2 starters that we know will be there opening day.

I don't think I'm the one with a problem here. Kuroda is the only one that I'm not 100% sure of being there opening day. He is the definition of a consistent starting pitcher, seems comfortable in New York, and is 38/9. I have strong doubt that another team will open their purse much wider.

CC and Pineda will be there opening day baring any set backs. For someone that is sure that Jeter will be ready to go 162, I'm shocked you believe either of these players won't. Pineda's effectiveness will be the questionable aspect. He might be finding himself back at the AAA level at some point in the season to get sharper, but if he is healthy, he'll be in the rotation.

There is a plethora of lower rotation guys floating around this offseason. That has been something the Yankees have been successful relying on before.

Yes I do.

Well, he isn't. Sorry.

Top Bottom