• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinse82

You didn't have Mitchell Boggs today.

Be quiet.

I4TWGc1.png

I can't win with my pitching this week (H2H league).

That's so bad it's actually impressive.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'm a little alarmed that the Mets allowed the Marlins to score 13 runs on them in the three game set. I realize we didn't exactly have studs going (unless you want to count Niese, since he's the team's Opening Day starter and the best we have not named Matt Harvey), but they've scored 1 run in the games not against us. That's...troubling.
Well, that's the Mets bullpen for you.

eznark

Banned
Have the Cardinals tried to move Wong to SS or talked about it at all? Kozma sucks balls and despite having an amazing system it seems like they have zero SS.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
There is statistical evidence that says I'm right.
Normally you would be completely correct, but the 2013 Marlins may be an exception. There literally is no reason to pitch to Stanton. Paul Maholm, who pitched against him last night and walked him twice, specifically said after the game that he had no intention of throwing strikes to Giancarlo. If Stanton wanted to chase and whiff or make weak contact, great. If not? He's on first without a major league hitter left behind him.

eznark

Banned
Normally you would be completely correct, but the 2013 Marlins may be an exception. There literally is no reason to pitch to Stanton. Paul Maholm, who pitched against him last night and walked him twice, specifically said after the game that he had no intention of throwing strikes to Giancarlo. If Stanton wanted to chase and whiff or make weak contact, great. If not? He's on first without a major league hitter left behind him.

Yeah, I think we may have found a situation extreme enough to say that "given absurdities, protection can matter." Last year Stanton walked in 10% of his PA's. This year he is at 24%. If that holds up I think we can probably say having no other major league bats on the roster impacted him.

But generally speaking it does not exist. Remember when losing Fielder was going to ruin Braun's career?

BFIB

Have the Cardinals tried to move Wong to SS or talked about it at all? Kozma sucks balls and despite having an amazing system it seems like they have zero SS.

Its been the Cardinals glaring weak point for years.

Going back, since Eckstein left, the Cards SS have been:

Cesar Izturis
Khalil Greene
Brendan Ryan
Tyler Greene
Rafael Furcal
Pete Kozma

Before that, the Cards had 4 different SS's since 1982 to 2006. (Smith, Clayton, Renteria, Eckstein).

2B isn't stellar either. Both positions have basically been revolving doors for quite some time. Though 2B has at least provided some offense.

Wong, as far as I've seen, is not moving from 2B.

Tavares for Profar makes a lot of sense to me.

I don't think so. He didn't even play much 2B until later in his college career so he's still learning 2B. You'd think if he were capable, they would have tried him at SS first.

I laugh at those who thought the Blue Jays would be contenders.

Contenders in our hearts!

If the Jays are close to a wildcard spot come September, it's a successful season. Personally, I think we'll miss this year and - provided AA can continue to spend and improve the team - make the post-season in 2014.

I remember about three (four?) seasons back the Jays got off to a Thunderous start while the Yankees and Red Sox floundered, that season turned around about late May early June and the Jays shit the bed the rest of the season. It's really too soon to tell.

Still, I don't like what I see.

Parch

- provided AA can continue to spend and improve the team - make the post-season in 2014.
They'll need to sign Josh Johnson. I'm not sure that's going to happen. It could be a one year window unless AA can continue to surprise with off season deals.

Parch, I hope we resign Johnson too - if for nothing else than to replace Romero. I don't think Ricky's coming back, and if he does, he won't be anywhere near 2011 form.

Encarnacion is awful right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom