• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prade

Once hung out with LaTroy Hawkins when he was on the Twins Winter Caravan tour in Winona, MN. Guy can PUT AWAY tequila shots.

Cards....Jake Westbrook...not sure if I should be optimistic yet or still think every start he makes will be a disaster.

As well as meatballs.

rando14

Bay at the leadoff spot?

ibLGszm9IFkpV.gif

Maxim726X

So just got done watching the Mets game on SNY... Top of the 9th and Papelbon is pitching. With 2 outs he complains that he doesn't want to pitch in the rain that just started to fall to home plate umpire.

You hear someone in the stands yell 'Papelbon you pussy!' as clear as day and the booth definitely heard it too and started to laugh. Probably the highlight of the game.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
MinorLeagueBlog
Apparently #Cubs Jorge Soler rushed the Clearwater Dugout with a Bat tonight while playing at High-A Daytona He was ejected Stay tuned.

lol I hope theres video.

Syrinx

Ugly ballgame. Mets need to get Dillon Gee fixed, Hef doesn't really worry me.

also DFA Hawkins.

Hawkins is fucking awful. Didn't see him tonight, but his game against Miami last Friday was horrible. Hard hit balls all over the place. He wasn't fooling anybody. Sounds like tonight was similar.

Maxim726X

After Harvey, we have a #5 starter in Gee and two minor leaguers. How does that not worry you?

Because this year doesn't matter.

Montero and Wheeler are on the horizon, with Syndegaard to be up within the next two years... Gee is a serviceable number 5.

OF still concerns me, but the starting pitching does not.

Jesus, could Saunders have hit that wall in a more awkward way... 20 bucks says he separated his shoulder, broke his collarbone, and ripped every muscle off his scapula.

Prade

Montero and Wheeler are on the horizon, with Syndegaard to be up within the next two years... Gee is a serviceable number 5.

Of course. I had the team at around 70 some wins, but lets call it like it is, this rotation is hot garbage. Gonna be a lot of lost games early in the ballgame. If Niese and Harvey stumble here and there, we can be looking at 5 game losing streaks all throughout the year. Not fun.

If you dont care about the Mets record this year then why would you be concerned about the OF when the pitching doesnt concern you?

Maxim726X

Of course. I had the team at around 70 some wins, but least call it like it is, this rotation is hot garbage. Gonna be a lot of lost games early in the ballgame.

Pretty much. If Marcum still has an arm left he might be able to help a little bit, but yeah the rotation is pretty bad.

I'll be happy with this season if Harvey, Wheeler, and D'Arnaud contribute in some major way. I'd be even more happy if Duda can prove he's a major league player and Davis can be consistent too.

If you dont care about the Mets record this year then why would you be concerned about the OF when the pitching doesnt concern you?

Because the FO needs to find out if they need to fill all three OF positions, or one or two. If one of these guys can step up it crosses off another need off the list. This team isn't going to win anything so I don't really care what the record is. What I care about is the pieces that are in place for the next few years, and if they're any good.

Oh, Mariners. What would my life be without Mariners Baseball? Start the season without a long reliever, with two junkballers and a rookie in the rotation? Rookie gets lit for 6 runs in one inning. Let your +DEF outfielder get claimed by another team? Starting outfielder is injured THAT SAME DAY, with the only other defensive outfielder having a voodoo curse. Oh, and get humiliated by the Astros.

Mariners Baseball!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom