• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brashnir

Likely landing places by your estimation? What team is likely to be competitive, has a good farm system and a hole in the outfield?

On the one hand, the marlins have this tendency to unload and build, unload and build. But I think they'd be nuts to get rid of Stanton.

(Doesn't mean they're not nuts, but that's the kind of trade that haunts you for a generation.)

Likely landing places by your estimation? What team is likely to be competitive, has a good farm system and a hole in the outfield?

If Jack Z really is feeling some heat from the front office, I could totally see him offering the Justin Upton package to the Marlins for Stanton.

Brashnir

There are some cool parts of Oakland. There are no cool parts of San Jose.

Baseball stadiums have been known to create cool parts in cities. The area around Camden Yards was the most deadly ghetto in America before they stuck a baseball stadium there. Now it's the coolest part of Baltimore.

Blearth

Banned
Baseball stadiums have been known to create cool parts in cities. The area around Camden Yards was the most deadly ghetto in America before they stuck a baseball stadium there. Now it's the coolest part of Baltimore.

I don't know if that would work in San Jose.

As soon as you enter Silicon Valley you feel an overwhelming tidal wave of boring that even a baseball stadium can't overcome.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
As a Dodger fan, I never thought I'd be able to say that Carl Crawford was the steal of that huge deal with the RS. Josh Beckett, on the other hand...UGH...

Blearth

Banned
Romo time!

icWk7.gif

jakncoke

Banned
Gerrit Cole was bounced from his second start of the season due to an elevated pitch count. Cole threw 63 pitches in two innings, with 42 strikes. He left his last outing after four innings, leaving early due to a high pitch count in the fourth frame. In either case, he’s not helping people who are arguing that he should be in the majors today.

definitely got to get that pitch count under control

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

At this point, the most likely candidates are probably the Rangers, Mariners or Mets, with the Pirates or Orioles as sleepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom