• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemax

Banned
Mariner hitters still are showing above average totals in hitting fly balls, line drives and in pulling (pulled LDs and pulled FBs tend to result in hits and extra-base hits more frequently) both. However, the Mariners team BABIP currently sits only above the Pittsburgh Pirates in the Majors. That’s probably not going to stay there. Over the amount of balls in the play the Mariners have put, the difference between their BABIP and the league average is a whopping 20 hits.

That’s something like 15 runs or so missing which is why you see the Mariners ranked poorly in runs scored and wOBA, but Qual above still has them looking okay. Give it some time.
The Astro’s hitters now have MLB’s highest BABIP.

Some reason for optimism for the Mariners offense.

At this point, the most likely candidates are probably the Rangers, Mariners or Mets, with the Pirates or Orioles as sleepers.

I'd offer the rumored package for Upton for Stanton and feel fairly good.

Prade

The Mets aren't 1 hitter away from winning 90 games. Getting Stanton doesn't even fill a hole completely in the outfield. If Wheeler pans out, we can trade one of our other pitching prospects for a outfield bat.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The Mets aren't 1 hitter away from winning 90 games. Getting Stanton doesn't even fill a hole completely in the outfield. If Wheeler pans out, we can trade one of our other pitching prospects for a outfield bat.

Hey, didn't say they should do it.

zulux21

yay white sox, keep it going. at least tie it up here.

edit: woot tie game and I think the first actual rally that didn't involve home runs for the season.

bjb

Banned
I don't ever expect Bautista or Encarnacion to ever be the same again now that the league is cracking down on HGH.

Opiate

I bet all you one team fans whose teams aren't playing tonight are super jealous of me.

Tonight's preferred results:

Browns over Red Sox
Athletics over Angels
Rangers over Mariners
Indians given free win over Yankees
Nationals over White Sox
Padres over Dodgers

I bet all you one team fans whose teams aren't playing tonight are super jealous of me.

Tonight's preferred results:

Browns over Red Sox
Athletics over Angels
Rangers over Mariners
Indians given free win over Yankees
Nationals over White Sox
Padres over Dodgers

What the hell are you talking about.

ToxicAdam

fucking Ohio. Another rainout. I demand baseball

Just think about how awesome it's going to be when the MLB makes you come back in August to play a double header on one of your few days off.

CLEVELAND (AP) — Before Mariano Rivera answered questions from Indians employees he wanted to personally thank on his last visit to Progressive Field, the greatest closer in history had a request of his own.

“Where’s the drummer?” Rivera asked.

He wanted to finally meet the man who has kept a steady sports beat in Cleveland for 40 years, the guy sitting at the top of the bleachers year after year pounding away to spark a rally.

“Right here,” John Adams said, raising one of his drum sticks so the New York legend could see him in the back of the room.

“Hey, you the man,” Rivera said. “Being loyal, being there day in and day out. I really respect that.”

“Thank you,” Adams said.

During his final trip around the majors, Rivera, who is retiring at the end of this, his 19th season with the Yankees, is taking time to visit with team employees who work behind the scenes. On Wednesday, Rivera met with 25 Indians employees — ushers, ticket salespersons, custodians and others — for 30 minutes before the Yankees played the Indians.

What a class act Mo is. Amazing dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom