• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brashnir

Not watching this game, but from the awful slide it looks like it could just as easily be a high ankle sprain, which would, in many ways, be worse than just breaking the ankle...

Speaking as someone who has suffered a similar injury - a low + high ankle sprain (I had both) suffered in this manner often comes with a complimentary fractured fibula.

(See Michael Vick several years back). The sprain takes far longer to recover from than the break though. 17 years later, I still have symptoms from the sprain

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
PIRATES WINNNNN

I need Pirates win gifs

iNLMBB9TU2RZf.gif

Tony Ambrogio ‏@SNTonyAmbrogio 41s

John Gibbons called Reyes injury "nightmare" while Alex A says estimate is out 1 to 3 months depending on MRI results. Reyes going on DL

Etheus

Neo Member
Iwakuma's really good. I feel bad for keeping him locked away last year until like June. I'm surprised he signed here again, shot in foot stuff.

If anyone is watching the angels/Astros game with the Halo's stream:

That story with Pujols hitting that homer off of Brad Lidge in that NLCS game. I was at the game with my pops at the time. The stadium was going crazy--the loudest I'd ever seen at an Astros game. People were spilling beer everywhere. People were hugging and high-fiving random dudes, screaming "blah more outs". Then the pitch.

Silence. Just fucking silence. My dad turns to me: Now you know how it feels to be a red sox fan.

Related:

Apparently my dad was on the phone with his grandfather during the ending of the 6th game of the world series in 86. He was calling his grandfather to congratulate him on BoSox finally wining the world series (the man had watched the last redsox WS victory). As the ball rolled through buckner's legs apparently my dad just hung up the phone knowing that he needed silence and solitude.

rando14

Iwakuma's really good. I feel bad for keeping him locked away last year until like June. I'm surprised he signed here again, shot in foot stuff.

The front of our rotation is extremely solid. Back half unfortunately is pure unadulterated basura.

EDIT: Whew got out of it, no thanks to dump umpiring

Meier

Carl. :( This fucking team. How is it possible to be so shitty with RISP? Come on Ethier, you mug! Groundout, natch.

I didn't think that Clayton's run support could get any worse this year but the Dodgers are going to find a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom