• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Those runs don't count because Yankee fans wanted Russel Martin more.

Schattenjäger;52280202 said:
I really cannot stand Michael Kay
I think less people would hate the Yankees if they just got rid of him

Greatest franchise on the planet, worst announcers on the planet. Boggles the mind.

AL East
Yankees
Rays
Red Sox
* Blue Jays
Orioles

AL Central
Twins
Indians
White Sox
Royals
Tigers

AL West
Angels
* A's
Rangers
Mariners
Astros

NL East
Phillies
* Braves
Mets
Marlins
Natinals

NL Central
Cubs
Reds
Cardinals
Brewers
Pirates

NL West
Dodgers
Diamondbacks
* Giants
Rockies
Padres

NL MVP: Buster Posey
AL MVP: Mike Trout
NL Cy: Madison Bumgarner
AL Cy: Justin Verlander

ALWC: A's over Jays
NLWC: Giants over Braves

ALDS: A's over Rays
ALDS: Tigers over Angels
NLDS: Giants over Nationals
NLDS: Dodgers over Reds

AL Champ: A's over Tigers
NL Champ: Giants over Dodgers

World Series: Giants over A's

ibcDKiWtEOEdd8.gif

Fox318

I'll take Kay over the radio. At least I know whats going on.

I like Kay, except that he always jinxes players.

Edit: Oh and his flyout calls are the worst in the business.

"That one's hit DEEP to centerfield. He's going back, LOOKING UP, AND!!!!!.... catches it for the final out of the inning."

Sanjuro

Wasn't talking about that pitch specifically, he hasn't looked back to normal all day.

...it's the first game of the year. He hasn't "looked" back to normal in about two years. His stuff today has looked better than I've seen in a while.

Sterling is a terrible announcer, but his nicknames/signature calls are hilarious - or hilariously awkward.

well he is getting old, he used to be a lot better. I guess all i'm looking for in an announcer is to be entertained. I don't need the game explained to me.

I think most Yankee fans would do the same as me than listen to him.

Mothers Against Pitchers rally for one inning pitcher limits...to save the children.

nah.

Sanjuro

I just cringed harder at Dunkin Donut's tuna, bacon, and cheese wrap more than that college kid busting through his leg the other day.

aww Sterling grows on you. he's fun.

Christ, no.

Sterling was never exactly Vin Scully in his ability to paint a picture but he at least had a really good radio voice back in the '90s, and was not senile.

Now he's just marble-mouthed incoherence interspersed with "trademark" home run calls. "Tersherrra up nexsht, he'sh fourforfersrhsmem with two frshrbles in the shishth ISH A TEXSH MESHAGE"

Sanjuro

They watched his asshole circle the bases.

Sterling was never exactly Vin Scully in his ability to paint a picture but he at least had a really good radio voice back in the '90s, and was not senile.

Now he's just marble-mouthed incoherence interspersed with "trademark" home run calls. "Tersherrra up nexsht, he'sh fourforfersrhsmem with two frshrbles in the shishth ISH A TEXSH MESHAGE"

That's the problem. Doesn't help having all the dramatic things sitting next to him.

exactly. he had a great world series in 2001. lots of good calls.

BFIB

Just caught some highlights on my MLB App here at work.

That Rizzo shot. I hate the Cubs, but man, that was seamless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom