• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job, good effort guys.

Suddenly my Padres team is exciting to watch. Cabrera is finally a major league level shortstop, Denorfia is a solid hitter, Headley is healthy, Gyorko is runner for rookie of the year, Alonso is great, and Hundley is rebounding from last years shit season. When Quentin comes back along with Grandal they might finish the season above 500. The only downside is our Jekyll/Hyde pitching staff. You never know what you will get. As long as Bud Black doesn't fuck things up this is looking to be a fun season :).

Suddenly my Padres team is exciting to watch. Cabrera is finally a major league level shortstop, Denorfia is a solid hitter, Headley is healthy, Gyorko is runner for rookie of the year, Alonso is great, and Hundley is rebounding from last years shit season. When Quentin comes back along with Grandal they might finish the season above 500. The only downside is our Jekyll/Hyde pitching staff. You never know what you will get. As long as Bud Black doesn't fuck things up this is looking to be a fun season :).

The Padres were great last year from June-September.

Friggz

FB velocity since joining the Yankees:

2009: 94.1
2010: 93.6
2011: 93.9
2012: 92.4
2013: 90.0

CC has always been a smart pitcher and not someone who just throws it up there as hard as possible. The velocity could still jump a little especially when it heats up as he likes pitching in the heat. However if it does not he can still be very effective.

7.71 K/9, 2.57 BB/9, 0.32 HR/9 through his first 4 starts. That is on par with his 2009/2010 seasons when he was up at 94 MPH.

yeah, im not really concerned about sabathia as a pitcher if his velocity doesnt come back, especially with that nasty changeup he has.

turnbuckle

I hate west coast games. Missed what sounds like an excellent game between the Tigs and M's last night. Might watch a replay of it at work this morning before the afternoon matchup.

And jesus christ Square, you never have a single good thing to say about this team. You're the Brandon Inge of Tigers fans.

Macattk15

In Felix's 177 career starts, we have managed 2 runs or less in 122 of them.

Jesus fucking christ .... he must really love Seattle to sign that fucking extension.

vvfJ6gw.jpg

Is there a website that has game-by-game stats for individual players, down to the at-bat by at-bat statistic?

If so, I'll give you a virtual thumbs up if you can link me.

3N16MA

Banned
agreed man. Jason Vargas? r u kiddidng me?

They most likely acquired him becuase of how well he pitches in the AL West.

Career stats at Safeco, Oakland Coliseum, Angel Stadium:

75 G, 458.1 IP, 3.30 ERA, 6.28 K/9, 2.78 BB/9, 1.16 WHIP

Rangers Ballpark is the only one in which he does not have decent numbers and he hasn't pitched in Minute Maid enough to really matter. I think he was supposed to be their #4 which is not asking for too much.

turnbuckle

Rangers Ballpark is the only one in which he does not have decent numbers and he hasn't pitched in Minute Maid enough to really matter. I think he was supposed to be their #4 which is not asking for too much.

Isn't that true for pretty much any pitcher? Oakland, Safeco, and Angel's stadium are all pitcher friendly. Rangers park is a hitter's paradise.

cashman

Banned

Nice to know he has moderate success playing in extreme pitchers parks.

And jesus christ Square, you never have a single good thing to say about this team. You're the Brandon Inge of Tigers fans.

I do actually, but I'm a realist. I'm sorry that even after last season, being a Tiger's fan I'm skeptical no matter what. My co-workers call me Valenti for a reason.

3N16MA

Banned
Isn't that true for pretty much any pitcher? Oakland, Safeco, and Angel's stadium are all pitcher friendly. Rangers park is a hitter's paradise.

Nice to know he has moderate success playing in extreme pitchers parks.

The point is he has a track record (a decent one) in those parks. It's true that most pitchers will perform better in pitchers parks but he has proven to pitch well within the division. He is a #4 at $8.5 million who is only locked for 1 season. He was a 2.5 WAR pitcher before last season.

turnbuckle

I do actually, but I'm a realist. I'm sorry that even after last season, being a Tiger's fan I'm skeptical no matter what. My co-workers call me Valenti for a reason.

It's ok to admit you watch them ironically, but predicting a bad outcome every time isn't quite the definition of a realist or skeptic. Not even a pessimist or a concern troll, just an obnoxious fan who has nothing to say if he doesn't have something negative to offer. If you were funny it'd at least be a little endearing.

If the Tigers were as awful as your posts indicate it'd be understandable. But there's a good chance this is the best Tigers team you're going to see in your lifetime and you're using this time to soak in the smug satisfaction of being right when something goes wrong.

That being said, anything you have to say about Valverde is 1000% justified. But your posts sound like we have Inge, Young, Raburn, Penny, Rhymes, and the ghost of Magglio Ordonez still on the roster.

It's ok to admit you watch them ironically, but predicting a bad outcome every time isn't quite the definition of a realist or skeptic. Not even a pessimist or a concern troll, just an obnoxious fan who has nothing to say if he doesn't have something negative to offer. If you were funny it'd at least be a little endearing.

If the Tigers were as awful as your posts indicate it'd be understandable. But there's a good chance this is the best Tigers team you're going to see in your lifetime and you're using this time to soak in the smug satisfaction of being right when something goes wrong.

That being said, anything you have to say about Valverde is 1000% justified. But your posts sound like we have Inge, Young, Raburn, Penny, Rhymes, and the ghost of Magglio Ordonez still on the roster.

Has this been building up inside of you? Its okay if we don't see eye to eye on things or if we look at things a little different.

I'm sorry, I am not here to amuse you.

turnbuckle

The point is he has a track record (a decent one) in those parks. It's true that most pitchers will perform better in pitchers parks but he has proven to pitch well within the division. He is a #4 at $8.5 million who is only locked for 1 season. He was a 2.5 WAR pitcher before last season.

It's true that he's pitched well in a division where (up to this point) 3/4ths of the parks were extremely pitcher friendly. He was a 2.2 WAR pitcher before last season and just turned 30. $8.5 million ain't exactly a steal.

Has this been building up inside of you? Its okay if we don't see eye to eye on things or if we look at things a little different.

I'm sorry, I am not here to amuse you.

Absolutely it's ok to disagree. It's fine to be skeptical, critical, and err on the side of caution. I wouldn't say it's something that's been building up inside, just something I've noticed scrolling through this thread this season.

No apology needed, I'm not here to be entertained by you.

Syrinx

So the Mets aren't playing a doubleheader today? So that means they're playing two games on should-be off days during the summer?

Ugh.

Guys, Verlander pitches today. I know we will sweep dem M's and go into Angels Stadium with complete dominance in mind given their lack luster season! Fielder will get out of this small slump he has today, no more strike outs! The Tiger's bullpen proved me wrong last night, despite some shaky moments, they got the job done!

Go Tigers Go!

3N16MA

Banned
It's true that he's pitched well in a division where (up to this point) 3/4ths of the parks were extremely pitcher friendly. He was a 2.2 WAR pitcher before last season and just turned 30. $8.5 million ain't exactly a steal.

Absolutely it's ok to disagree. It's fine to be skeptical, critical, and err on the side of caution. I wouldn't say it's something that's been building up inside, just something I've noticed scrolling through this thread this season.

No apology needed, I'm not here to be entertained by you.

It's not a steal but at least it's only 1 season. I would have taken a chance on McCarthy even with his injuries instead of Blanton.

So the Mets aren't playing a doubleheader today? So that means they're playing two games on should-be off days during the summer?

Ugh.

shit just got worse man. Travis D'Arnaud has a "non-displaced fracture in left foot." sent to NYC to be checked. here's what Collins had to say: "I feel terrible for Travis. I feel terrible for us."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom