• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.
uRZS6fk.gif

Started from the bottom, now we here.

Cingrani looked great.

Brinbe

What was the attendance like?

It was pathetically bad, especially for a Dickey start. But I'd attribute that to our crappy start and more people probably being interested in watching/attending the Leafs game, which was going on at the same time.

That being said, there'll be tons more people out in the next few days with the Yanks in town. I'm going down again on Saturday, so I hope I can witness another W.

Yikes...Marlins currently on track for 30 wins, which would smash the modern record. What are the odds they keep playing at this level for a full season?

Considering Ricky Nolasco is almost guaranteed to get traded at the deadline and maybe even Stanton if a team makes a ridiculous enough offer, 130 losses might be realistic.

3N16MA

Banned
Tough loss but 2/3 is a series win. At least Nova looked better (would like him to go 6 next time) and Hughes looked good (I can live with the solo shots).

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It was pathetically bad, especially for a Dickey start. But I'd attribute that to our crappy start and more people probably being interested in watching/attending the Leafs game, which was going on at the same time.

That being said, there'll be tons more people out in the next few days with the Yanks in town. I'm going down again on Saturday, so I hope I can witness another W.

Yeah with the Leafs actually contending for a playoff spot the city will be focused on that for the next 2 weeks. If we hopefully get in then the Jays will be on the backburner until the Leafs get eliminated.

So could be another month until everyone focuses back on the Jays.

Brashnir

I like how Kenny didn't really say anything. Just let him talk himself into stupidity.

He filed to elucidate his point, but it's true that smart pitchers pitch differently when they're up by several runs than they do in a game that's close. You can afford to just fire it in there ad dare them to hit it. Saves your arm a lot of stress over the course of a season. You don't WANT to give up runs - that's an idiotic thing for Kenny to say as well, but thinking of players as numbers rather than breathing creatures leads him to say a lot of stupid shit himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom