• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattk15

Man.

Fister, Scherzer, Verlander, and Darvish again the last 4 games.

The M's have sucked ... but they've been fucked by facing some top flight fucking pitchers.

Syrinx

Great that Harvey kept on rolling today. Getting out of jams like the one he was in in the seventh is such a good sign. It's one thing to show you can dominate; he's shown he can do that. But it's another thing to be able to work out of trouble like that. Matt Harvey man...seems like the real deal.

Also good to see the power stroke going too.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
soCGtnu.gif

lmao this is the best.

All I got of the game today was some shitty play by Wiggington, a couple wild pitches by Garcia, and a solo blast by the Cardinal Killer. Did I miss anything else?

Etheus

Neo Member
Checking in late. Fuck Ackley. Fuck Smoak. Fuck the Mariners. Is this the first time Darvish has done well against the Ms?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Uniforms for today, being raffled off after the game. Neat.

I don't even like the Sox but those are some nice looking uni's. I assume the raffle is going towards the victims of the unspeakable tragedy there right?

Also are they honoring the tickets you bought for yesterday's game?

Sanjuro

To ticket holders? Or a separate ticket?
I like the look of those.

I don't think so. Probably the usual auctions they usually have on their website.

I don't even like the Sox but those are some nice looking uni's. I assume the raffle is going towards the victims of the unspeakable tragedy there right?

Also are they honoring the tickets you bought for yesterday's game?

Not for today, for the second game of a doubleheader tomorrow. Proceeds towards The One Fund.

Last night against the Nationals, Lucas Duda hit two home runs and walked in four plate appearances.

Duda is now hitting .308 for the season with five home runs and eight RBI in 14 games.

In addition, Duda has 12 walks, a .491 OBP and a 1.234 OPS – all three marks are second best in the Major Leagues.

Duda is swinging at only 12.7 percent of pitches outside the strike zone so far this season.

“Strasburg made me look foolish in the first two at-bats,” Davis explained. “I’m trying to get closer to the plate because consistently, they’re throwing it away. I don’t want to get too close. … I had to make an adjustment by getting closer. It’s not the reason I hit two home runs, but it definitely gives me a chance to cover away a little better.”

Ike was still standing pretty far away from the plate in his final two at-bats, but he made a clear adjustment with the placement of his hands in the 6th inning:
ikesstance.jpg

As you can see, his hands are higher beginning in the sixth inning, and he appeared to be less busy with his home run swings, resulting in a quicker bat through the zone and no lunging either.
Like Link said as Duda and Davis go, so goes the Mets O.

NomarTyme

Nice DP! Ryu been getting a lot of these

Holy shit! I just realize there is a lot of shit to watch today. UFC, NBA, and MLB... its almost like NFL Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom