• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, now I think it's time to start worrying about Blow Job Upton.

You thought BJ was going to be good? Have fun with mini Adam Dunn.

jmKS7Ue.gif

Sanjuro

This may be the emptiest I've seen Fenway for a start ever. Unless some people pile in there late, people want no part of this cold rain.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
He'll be fine, the same 25-25 .750 OPS guy he always is with plus defense.

That was never what the Braves paid him which makes it impossible to live up to the contract but he'll be fine.

Riggs

Banned
Aceves is such a psycho cunt, 4 innings max before he starts some shit. Most depressing game I've seen all year with no fans and rain .

Socreges

Banned
No interest in baseball, but as a Canadian I've been subjected to a lot of Blue Jays hype and premature entitlement.

How come they're not setting the league ablaze right now? Can I laugh at BJs fans yet or are they probably going to turn it around?

Riggs

Banned
No interest in baseball, but as a Canadian I've been subjected to a lot of Blue Jays hype and premature entitlement.

How come they're not setting the league ablaze right now? Can I laugh at BJs fans yet or are they probably going to turn it around?

No
Defense

They gave good hitting, good pitching on paper, ans great speed. No Defense at all. They are an abomination in the in field.

Also Sanjuro, tele tele!

Also Bartolo Colon is fat as hell.

Sanjuro

In Vancouver?

During a fire sale, the Blue Jays inherited the players from a cancerous Florida team in the offseason. The expectation was that these players would deliver something different for this ball club, an expectation without any sort of merit. Picked up one of the best offensive players last season before he was busted for PED use and benched. They also signed the NL CY Young winner last season, he however is a knuckleball pitcher and wildy streaky.

TLDR - It's fair to laugh at them until they win.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm just glad Yunel Escobar is finally starting to hit because fuck hes a terrible defensive shortstop.

I've never seen a guy so incapable of throwing the ball to first base. Rays would be better off moving his fat lazy ass to 2B and playing Zobrist at short.

cashman

Banned
Whats Neftali Feliz up to these days?

He had TJ last August, so he won't be back until this August. Strasburg missed pretty much all of 2011 and he seems fine now.

It will delay his development and nothing is guaranteed coming out of that procedure. However it's a good thing he is young and can look to Strasburg as someone in a similar position.

The guy is 20 and Tommy John Surgery has like an 85% success rate

Socreges

Banned
In Vancouver?

During a fire sale, the Blue Jays inherited the players from a cancerous Florida team in the offseason. The expectation was that these players would deliver something different for this ball club, an expectation without any sort of merit. Picked up one of the best offensive players last season before he was busted for PED use and benched. They also signed the NL CY Young winner last season, he however is a knuckleball pitcher and wildy streaky.

TLDR - It's fair to laugh at them until they win.
On television. Sportsnet, in particular, who had an interest in creating massive expectations. There are Blue Jays fans here, too, but I do not associate with them.

3N16MA

Banned

PED free Melky is not the same guy who played for the Giants

Dickey will not be the same Dickey from last season but will still be solid

Encarnación had a career year last season

JJ is still a solid pitcher but not the phenom he was earlier in his career

They lost their hottest hitter for a few months

They have horrid D

Lot of the hype was built on career years and what guys once were. It does not mean their season is over.

3N16MA

Banned
He had TJ last August, so he won't be back until this August. Strasburg missed pretty much all of 2011 and he seems fine now.

The guy is 20 and Tommy John Surgery has like an 85% success rate

Age is definitely something on his side but losing a year has to suck. It's basically a year lost for a 20 year old to develop.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Seriously Colon is amazing. He uses his fastball 90% of the time and its not even a good one these days and he still gets people out. Must be his fat distracting the batters or something.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Been meaning to ask, but why don't they use a straightaway centerfield camera at Citi Field like other newer parks?

Riggs

Banned
Can this usher dude shut the fuck up??? No one wants your shitty bud or miller lite bro.

He's screaming it every 5 seconds.

Sanjuro

Aceves is officially the worst person in MLB today.

Jesus christ. Should be traded tomorrow.

Casually tries to tag the base, throws a careless throw to the plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom