• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
BREWERS WINNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7351514270_44e8d53cea_o.gif

Lol, I wonder if the shaving cream pie is a thing in Japan.

Also, Felix is such a STUD. I went to bed in the 6th but I knew with the King on the mound, that 2-0 lead might as well have been 20-0. We need four more clones of him. <3

andycapps

Nobody in Atlanta likes Chip. Guy fucks up three plays a game.

We went from having the best crew with Skip, Pete, Joe and Don to Chip, a crabby jaded Joe and the most boring man this side of Buck Showalter.

True, I miss Pete and Skip. And non jaded Joe Simpson. Still, after listening to the Yankees game yesterday some, it could always be much worse.

BFIB

I don't like a world where the Cubs stand above the Cardinals in the standings.

Even if its just one game, the world feels off balance.

eznark

Banned
Fucking awesome they got the translator also lol

That translator is fucking rad. Dude is hilarious. He was even the first Brewer announced yesterday for Opening Day. It was great. He trotted out with this massive smile on his face just vigorously waving.

Doesn't Tropicana only hold like 40,000? And the Yankees had 50,000 yesterday. Your math is awful.

The Tampa Bay area has a population of 2.8 million, while NYC alone has over 8 million. All of your maths are awful.

100% Tickets Sold > Not having a sellout for your home opener.

Officially the Yankees didn't even have a sell out.

We both know that's bullshit. The VIP seats are out of the price range of 99.9% of fans.

On the one hand, I hate that the Astros moved to the American league.

On the other hand, I can actually watch them play in person because I now live in Seattle.

It also pisses me off because I bought a lot of Mariners gear two summers ago thinking that they'd be my AL team. I grew rather found of rooting for them too. Now, they are the devil and their children are devilspawn. King Felix is an usurper

On the one hand, I hate that the Astros moved to the American league.

On the other hand, I can actually watch them play in person because I now live in Seattle.

It also pisses me off because I bought a lot of Mariners gear two summers ago thinking that they'd be my AL team. I grew rather found of rooting for them too. Now, they are the devil and their children are devilspawn. King Felix is an usurper

You need to draw a pentagram using lime, six feet in radius, and place burning candles made with goat marrow at each point of the star. Place all your Mariners swag in the center and light it aflame while praying for forgiveness to each member of the Astros organization, including the players, coaching staff, front office, and trainers. Repeat the incantations until there is nothing left but ashes.

Only then can you root for the Astros.

Parch

I'm not a big baseball fan but man there is so much buzz in Toronto over the Blue Jays. One thing I love is they keep using that awesome Metric song "Stadium Love" in the TV and radio commercials.
Casual fans, bandwagon fans, and new fans. Everybody is buying into the Blue Jay hype and it's a team where the entire country is watching. Their winter tour out west had a lot of fans.

Blue Jays used to have a few spring training games in Vancouver. They would have sold out BC Place for some exhibition games this year. Blue Jay fever is a national disease.

JABEE

Jay Z being a sports agent is kind of strange. Doesn't he own a professional basketball team? Aren't they always in it together whenever there are lockouts or litigations that impact the entire league? If I was a player, the last person I would want to negotiate my contract is someone who is an owner of a professional sports franchise.

eznark

Banned
Jay Z being a sports agent is kind of strange. Doesn't he own a professional basketball team? Aren't they always in it together whenever there are lockouts or litigations that impact the entire league? If I was a player, the last person I would want to negotiate my contract is someone who is an owner of a professional sports franchise.

He doesn't own a professional sports franchise, he owns an NBA franchise.

I wonder if his company wont be allowed to represent basketball players since he is a part owner of the Nets. It definitely seems like a conflict of interest.

sangreal

@NYDNHarper 1m Source close to Cano: &#8220;He wants to be a Yankee. He&#8217;s wants his money but he&#8217;s anxious to sign. Didn&#8217;t think that could happen with Boras.&#8221;

gotta get that contract before the suspension hits, amirite?

You need to draw a pentagram using lime, six feet in radius, and place burning candles made with goat marrow at each point of the star. Place all your Mariners swag in the center and light it aflame while praying for forgiveness to each member of the Astros organization, including the players, coaching staff, front office, and trainers. Repeat the incantations until there is nothing left but ashes.

Only then can you root for the Astros.

Do you know where there are goat farms around here? I need some blood for the pentagram

As much as I think the Yankees represent everything that I hate about baseball, I've got a lot of respect for Cano. He has been fantastic to watch--and won me some fantasy leagues along the way.

Brinbe

So anxious for the Jays home opener.

Same here. Can't make it down tonight (going tomorrow though) unfortunately, so I hope everyone going later has a great time. Also looking forward to the drunken 500-level fight vids!

I genuinely feel bad for you guys this year. People are going to be talking about this massive choke job when in reality the assembled club simply isn't that good.
It's hard to live up to expectations, but really, how aren't we good? Bullpen's a bit of a question mark (though a healthy Santos helps), but otherwise, it's a finely balanced lineup with solid bench depth and the starting pitching is a lot better than we had last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom