• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.
After last season, when almost literally everything went wrong -- a fan even died mid-game! -- I'm thinking either the Jays' luck has to balance out this year, or they're fated to be a disappointment.

Then again, they haven't had much luck in about 20 years, so I'm hoping I don't get too depressed if/when it all falls apart.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Enough of this doom and gloom.

I am here to appreciate a Jays team that by all looks will be competing and probably making the playoffs.

I personally don't think they're anywhere near the World Series yet but hell playoffs isn't out of the question at all.

eznark

Banned
Enough of this doom and gloom.

I am here to appreciate a Jays team that by all looks will be competing and probably making the playoffs.

I personally don't think they're anywhere near the World Series yet but hell playoffs isn't out of the question at all.

Adding 17 wins is real, real hard.

matt, Kave and Jonsson have all been around this thread over the past year or so.

There will be others though.

lol @ anyone ever calling me a Jays bandwagoner, I've actually been to a Jays playoff game :eek:

And a few games at Exhibition Stadium :| But that just means I'm old

I've always liked the Jays cap. Does that count? Almost as nice as the Expos caps, and mid-90s terribly odd-looking star snapback Astros caps.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
lol @ anyone ever calling me a Jays bandwagoner, I've actually been to a Jays playoff game :eek:

You're the biggest bandwagoner I know! I've only seen you in 3 different Jays jerseys in your life.

But seriously I've been around MLB-GAF for years but I just don't post often nor will I be posting very often once the summer hits. I play baseball myself 4-5 days a week and probably go to 15-20 Jays game a year if I can.

Besides I got this tag for a reason. :p

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Adding 17 wins is real, real hard.

You're definitely right.

I won't have any stats to back up my belief that they will make the playoffs but I just look at the pitching staff and if they stay healthy I just don't see how they won't make it.

Zep

Banned
Well, its kinda true. I bought the Canadian cover of MLB The Show for Bautista. The fact that it was Toronto didn't hurt either.

rinse82

matt, Kave and Jonsson have all been around this thread over the past year or so.

There will be others though.

I just started posting in this thread recently but I've been a fan since 86!

btw I'm getting tingly feelings down there when I look at the top 4 of our batting order:

Reyes
Cabrera
Bautista
Encarnacion

You're the biggest bandwagoner I know! I've only seen you in 3 different Jays jerseys in your life.

Speaking of jerseys, I'm wearing the sky-blue replica one from 3-4 years ago. I look resplendent.

edit: I've probably posted in this thread 10-15 times since 2009.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I just started posting in this thread recently but I've been a fan since 86!

btw I'm getting tingly feelings down there when I look at the top 4 of our batting order:

Reyes
Cabrera
Bautista
Encarnacion

Speaking of jerseys, I'm wearing the sky-blue replica one from 3-4 years ago. I look resplendent.

edit: I've probably posted in this thread 10-15 times since 2009.

Look at these bandwagoners.

Makes me sick.

rinse82

Full order:

Jose Reyes SS
Melky Cabrera LF
Jose Bautista RF
Edwin Encarnacion 1B
Adam Lind DH
J.P. Arencibia C
Colby Rasmus CF
Maicer Izturis 3B
Emilio Bonifacio 2B

4 straight switcher hitters and a nice RLRL in the middle of the order.

Full order:

Jose Reyes SS
Melky Cabrera LF
Jose Bautista RF
Edwin Encarnacion 1B
Adam Lind DH
J.P. Arencibia C
Colby Rasmus CF
Maicer Izturis 3B
Emilio Bonifacio 2B

4 straight switcher hitters and a nice RLRL in the middle of the order.

Won't be one bit surprised if we (by which I mean the Indians) get swept to open the season. Can't wait to see what kind of a field day you all have with Ubaldo tomorrow, especially.

Parch

Shivering in April and broiling in July. The EX did provide a good view of the airshow during the CNE.
Maybe the Habs or Oilers dynasty runs compare, but the Blue Jays' back-to-back World Series was glorious.

No guaranteed playoff ticket, but a healthy Jays should have a good shot. I hope the bullpen doesn't blow a lot of saves but they shouldn't burn out like last year. Horses like Dickey and Buehrle should keep the pen fresh.

The offence will be there, so it's up to the health of the arms.
Have faith.

Fenix

He's only doing what everybody else wants to do.
Seriously, Gose should have made the team. I think it'll be sooner than later that Rasmus is kicked to the curb.
Nope. Gose still needs a full year at AAA. Particularly a non-Vegas AAA.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Venters shut down for four weeks. Back by mid May at the earliest. Thank goodness for Avilan.

Should have traded Jonny when they had the chance.

Exhibition Stadium has to be...maybe not the worst stadium ever, but easily Top 10 in terms of terribleness. Maybe my memories are coloured by the fact I was 8 when I first went to a game, but I just don't think baseball was meant to be experienced on cold metal benches.

andycapps

I have like 24 team caps, but only because I collect them from every stadium I visit.

I have hats from probably 10 different teams (I haven't counted). I'm a fan of graphic design. It throws people for a loop though. Especially if I'm wearing a matching jersey.

I don't comprehend this kind of stuff. I guess it's cool to collect something from the stadiums you visit, and I guess I could see buying them for a keepsake but I'd never wear something from a team I wasn't a fan of. Maybe this is where my college football fan creeps in.. I hate every other team in the country enough that I'd never support them by wearing something with their logo on it.

Venters is done, this seems too similar to the dreaded elbow soreness that Beachy had last year. And Venters already had Tommy John surgery once. You can't do that twice, can you? I wouldn't count on him playing for us this year, and if he does, I'm sure he'll be a liability.

The only non-Phillie hat I have is this one, without the text on it:

yankeeht.jpg

I don't comprehend this kind of stuff. I guess it's cool to collect something from the stadiums you visit, and I guess I could see buying them for a keepsake but I'd never wear something from a team I wasn't a fan of. Maybe this is where my college football fan creeps in.. I hate every other team in the country enough that I'd never support them by wearing something with their logo on it.

There are definitely some teams who's apparel I will never, ever wear. Cubs, Cards, traditional teams like the Yankees, and so on. I specifically go after particular uniforms. Like the 94-99 Astros, the 98-00 Rays, the 05-06 Nationals (that interlocking DC with metallic gold thread was sweet), Any Marlins gear (particularly the new set), Any Jays stuff (except for the year or two where the primary was that hideous capital T with the bird wrapped around it) and some select others. Basically if there's metallic thread, or black as a primary color, I probably love it. I can't stand traditional baseball design. I'll rock a ball and glove Brewers cap for fandom's sake, but I can't support that uniform.

Parch

Nope. Gose still needs a full year at AAA. Particularly a non-Vegas AAA.
Half season will do, or less.
You don't want to see Gose on the bench, but there will probably be a time when they need another regular bat, plus I think a major Rasmus slump is highly likely. Park Colby.

DeRosa made the team because he can play third. He's replaceable when Lawrie returns. As long as Gose can get 4 or 5 starts per week and isn't taking a back seat to Rajai, I have no problem with him on the roster. I bet we see Gose sometime this year.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

Venters is done, this seems too similar to the dreaded elbow soreness that Beachy had last year. And Venters already had Tommy John surgery once. You can't do that twice, can you? I wouldn't count on him playing for us this year, and if he does, I'm sure he'll be a liability.
You can have the surgery twice, it is just a lot harder to return successfully from the second one.

andycapps

There are definitely some teams who's apparel I will never, ever wear. Cubs, Cards, traditional teams like the Yankees, and so on. I specifically go after particular uniforms. Like the 94-99 Astros, the 98-00 Rays, the 05-06 Nationals (that interlocking DC with metallic gold thread was sweet), Any Marlins gear (particularly the new set), Any Jays stuff (except for the year or two where the primary was that hideous capital T with the bird wrapped around it) and some select others. Basically if there's metallic thread, or black as a primary color, I probably love it. I can't stand traditional baseball design. I'll rock a ball and glove Brewers cap for fandom's sake, but I can't support that uniform.

I can respect that, I'm just completely different. I prefer pretty traditional logos, but I know I'm probably in the minority these days.

You can have the surgery twice, it is just a lot harder to return successfully from the second one.

Guess we'll see if that 4 week rest helps, but it's the beginning of the season and he's just getting going.. I can't see how it'll help much more than the offseason wouldn't have.

Prodigal

Banned
MLB.TV is pissing me off - I specifically got it to watch Rays games while living in NC but now opening day is blacked out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom