• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
Yo, guess who's at the top of the division.

#pirates #believe #snappingstreaks #startedfromthebottom #drake #stopsuckingcutch

harSon

Banned
Just wait till after the trade deadline for the yearly crash.

What about the 17 years before the last two seasons? There was no post trade deadline crash, cause the crash persisted over the course of the entire season! Two season's in a row ain't a pattern bro! Get ready ya'll, Pirates going for the World Series!

I'm just fucking with ya'll. We still have Sanchez in the rotation, and are banking on Liriano and Charlie Morton. Our bullpen is being overworked to hell, and Marte/Snider are young guys who are overachieving at this point in their careers. I still fully expect us to hit a nasty slump some time in the future.

Syrinx

It seems that the Mets have finally remembered that they are the Mets. I know it's early, but I really don't see this team playing all that much better this year, especially with this thin rotation and (yet again) dreadful bullpen. I generally like the direction Sandy is taking this team, but his failure to put together even a decent bullpen, let alone a good one, in his tenure here is inexcusable.

Oh well.

rando14

Excellent performance from Iwakuma today, cant believe he got saddled with that run, dude was totally a dead duck if andino fielded the play correctly.

now watch vargas get a 3 hit shutout

Macattk15

Excellent performance from Iwakuma today, cant believe he got saddled with that run, dude was totally a dead duck if andino fielded the play correctly.

now watch vargas get a 3 hit shutout

Release Ibanez when Saunders comes back tomorrow.

Call up Triunfel and release Andino also.

NP.

It seems that the Mets have finally remembered that they are the Mets. I know it's early, but I really don't see this team playing all that much better this year, especially with this thin rotation and (yet again) dreadful bullpen. I generally like the direction Sandy is taking this team, but his failure to put together even a decent bullpen, let alone a good one, in his tenure here is inexcusable.

Oh well.
Bullpens by their nature are streaky year to year. And right now they are young and getting heavily taxed due to starters not going deep into games. Offense was stagnant and Defense let them down today, not the pen. There's plenty of season left for their play to get better, but let's be clear this is a five over/under .500 team right now. That's their range until the other guys come up.
Michael Baron said:
As I wrote last weekend, Yes, the bullpen has mostly sucked and it seems like everyday brings a new problem to the relief corps. But if they’re being asked to pitch 4 1/3 innings three out of every five games, it’s unrealistic to expect any bullpen to perform well. Now, that doesn’t excuse poor execution and poor pitching, and the bullpen is certainly accountable for that. But the bullpen has been fine when it’s been used properly in shorter stints – that’s the way every bullpen is designed. Yes, the bullpen has to perform on days when they’re asked to provide the length of a game. But because the rotation has been mostly ineffective so far this year, too often situational pitchers are asked to pitch to their weakness as a result of having to pitch in extended outings.

They must begin to get more length from the starting rotation to not only preserve the bullpen, but to get more consistency out of them and protect them from pitching to their weaknesses in these longer outings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom