• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
romosaberhi.gif

smh @ this Josh Hamilton Head & Shoulders commercial. They should pull that commercial until he starts looking like the $25MM player he's being paid to be.

So how are the Phillies doing this year? I saw that they are 13-17 or something like that. Haven't really been paying too much attention to other teams right now with school picking up.

Zep

Banned
So how are the Phillies doing this year? I saw that they are 13-17 or something like that. Haven't really been paying too much attention to other teams right now with school picking up.

Season is over. Stop caring. Enjoy your upcoming sweep.

In short, its time to hit the reset button.

Season is over. Stop caring. Enjoy your upcoming sweep.

In short, its time to hit the reset button.

LOL. The offense has been inconsistant, but Howard, M. Young, and Utley are all having good seasons. The pitching has been really good outside of Doc. The middle relief is terrible, but the back of the bullpen is fantastic. Phils always start slow under Manuel but they will be fine if they can get someone to fill in for Doc even decently.

Zep

Banned
LOL. The offense has been inconsistant, but Howard, M. Young, and Utley are all having good seasons. The pitching has been really good outside of Doc. The middle relief is terrible, but the back of the bullpen is fantastic. Phils always start slow under Manuel but they will be fine if they can get someone to fill in for Doc even decently.

Can't get to one without the other. Without those three homeruns this weekend, we were blanked by the marlins and about half of our games have been against the Mets and Marlins. Its only get gonna get worse from here. We actually have some good trade pieces that other teams would like to have.

There's no doubt Reuben is gonna ride this train out until the AS break but don't expect a winning team by then...Its gonna be a straight up firesale, starting with Cliff.

Can't get to one without the other. Without those three homeruns this weekend, we were blanked by the marlins and about half of our games have been against the Mets and Marlins. Its only get gonna get worse from here. We actually have some good trade pieces that other teams would like to have.

There's no doubt Reuben is gonna ride this train out until the AS break but don't expect a winning team by then...Its gonna be a straight up firesale, starting with Cliff.

Sounds like they are actually trying to go the other way. There was a story that they have offered several prospects to the Marlins for Stanton. If they could get him I really think they could still be really competitive this year. There problem is JRo and Revere are so dumb and it affects the rest of the team. Fernandez for the Marlins was unhitable Saturday but he was on an 85 pitch limit, and yet those guys kept swinging at the first pitch and making 1 pitch outs. When they are patient the offense does well, they just get it in their heads that they need to go up mashing.

Malo

Banned
The Phillies don't have a strong enough package of prospects to offer the Marlins for Stanton, but the Rangers on the other hand do.

The Yankees will swoop in and deal for him. Believe!

The Phillies don't have a strong enough package of prospects to offer the Marlins for Stanton, but the Rangers on the other hand do.

The Yankees will swoop in and deal for him. Believe!

The rumor I heard was the Marlins wanting Morgan, Joseph, and Biddle plus money for him. I would honestly do that if I was the Phils but I can understand them not wanting to lose their top 3 prospect right as the team is getting super old. Stanton is so good though, and no one in the minors is a sure thing.

Malo

Banned
The rumor I heard was the Marlins wanting Morgan, Joseph, and Biddle plus money for him. I would honestly do that if I was the Phils but I can understand them not wanting to lose their top 3 prospect right as the team is getting super old. Stanton is so good though, and no one in the minors is a sure thing.
How has Joseph been doing so far this season? Also, that still might not be enough for Stanton. He's one of the best players in the game, he's super young (23), and still has three years of control before he hits free agency. The cost is going to be prohibitive especially for the Phillies who are a division rival.

How has Joseph been doing so far this season? Also, that still might not be enough for Stanton. He's one of the best players in the game, he's super young (23), and still has three years of control before he hits free agency. The cost is going to be prohibitive especially for the Phillies who are a division rival.

He isnt hitting at all, batting around .200 but I have heard that they are happy with his defense and that his calling games is improving.

Hey Atlanta, guess who might make their ML debut against you next month...
Zack Wheeler turned in his second straight strong outing with Triple-A Las Vegas, limiting Sacramento to three hits and a walk in six scoreless innings Sunday. Sandy Alderson has suggested Wheeler needs to turn in a string of positive starts before promotion consideration is made.

Bear this in mind: The Mets will need an extra starter during a June 17-20 series at Turner Field, which will now be a five-game series because of Saturday's postponement. That likely would come after the Super 2 deadline, meaning Wheeler would miss an extra year of arbitration eligibility. It probably would be a sweet moment for him, too, since he grew up in Dallas, Ga., outside Atlanta. Of course, this is all speculation.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
so The Baseball Show with Rany & Joe is a great podcast. Some good podcasts popping up lately. Fringe Average is great, Keith Law Behind the Dish is good although i think he needs a co-host (bring back karrabel). Fangraphs is decent, gets boring sometimes though, great info though.

edit: heh, looks like the baseball show has been around for awhile, thought it was fairly new.

Malo

Banned
so The Baseball Show with Rany & Joe is a great podcast. Some good podcasts popping up lately. Fringe Average is great, Keith Law Behind the Dish is good although i think he needs a co-host (bring back karrabel). Fangraphs is decent, gets boring sometimes though, great info though.

edit: heh, looks like the baseball show has been around for awhile, thought it was fairly new.
I just started listening to fringe average and it's really good.
You'll fall back.
I will but not to last place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom