• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIB

As soon as I heard about the blown HR call last night, the first thought in my mind was "I bet Angel Hernandez is one of the umps."

He's fucking horrible.

cashman

Banned
Don't know if this had been posted but the HOF recently put up over 5000 old Scouting Reports up online

http://scouts.baseballhall.org/

01709.jpg

ToxicAdam

A few weeks ago, Selig reportedly turned down a 5-year contract extension to remain Commissioner through 2019. He would have been 85 years old at the end of it.

It seems he's serious finally about retiring after 2014.

Maybe he's just holding out for more money? He is saving his best for his contract year.

Scott Kazmir with 6 K's through 3 innings. It's throwback day in Cleveland.

He looks so different from when he was here. It's been what, 10 years?

Yep, the trade for Lee Stevens and 3 minor leaguers* with the Expos happened 11 years ago ;).

who just so happened to be Brandon Phillips, Cliff Lee and Grady Sizemore

And now 8 k's through 5 for Kazmir :D

Yep, the trade for Lee Stevens and 3 minor leaguers* with the Expos happened 11 years ago ;).

who just so happened to be Brandon Phillips, Cliff Lee and Grady Sizemore

And now 8 k's through 5 for Kazmir :D

The later of the two are Indians that I bought jersey's of!

So the question is, with my birthday around the corner, which player do I get a jersey of now?

Official statement in regards to last night A's "HR."

"By rule the decision to reverse the call is at the sole decision of the crew chief, Angel Hernandez's opinion. It was not clear and convincing evidence to overturn the decisiion on the field. It was a Judgement call and as such, it stands as final. However, given what we saw, we recognize that an Improper call was made. Perfection is an impossible standard in any endevor but our goal is to always get the calls right."

So, yeah. About time we got a break. ;D

dubc35

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Official statement in regards to last night A's "HR."

"By rule the decision to reverse the call is at the sole decision of the crew chief, Angel Hernandez's opinion. It was not clear and convincing evidence to overturn the decisiion on the field. It was a Judgement call and as such, it stands as final. However, given what we saw, we recognize that an Improper call was made. Perfection is an impossible standard in any endevor but our goal is to always get the calls right."

So, yeah. About time we got a break. ;D
Turrible.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
You know, Justin Smoak actually has a pretty good OBP. His .073 ISO is scary bad though. Even scarier is that Smoak still has a higher ISO than Hosmer.

Prospects!

Macattk15

Sorry friend, nobody here looks at batting average anymore...Show me some wOBA! Im sure all 3 are great in wOBA.

Nope. They all look like utter shit. Cause that is what they are and all.

Jack Z needs to go go go go go!

You know, Justin Smoak actually has a pretty good OBP. His .073 ISO is scary bad though. Even scarier is that Smoak still has a higher ISO than Hosmer.

Prospects!

Yeah he can take a walk. Better for him to just stand at the plate than swing the bat though.

Prospects!

"I still believe when it all is said and done that (Eric) Hosmer is going to be a three hitter," Yost said, "and that Moose (Moustakas) is going to be a four or five hitter. It just takes time in the big leagues to get yourself established. You’re still projecting younger players who you think are going to be really productive -- Sal (Perez), Moose, Hos and Cain. It just takes time."

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/05/08/4225778/royals-yost-pondering-lineup-changes.html

Delusional? I don't even know what took him so long to contemplate moving Gordon to the 3 spot. Gordon and Butler are their best hitters.

Man, I should have went to the Indians game. Gorgeous day outside and I don't work til later tonight. Would have been pretty tired after it was done, but would have been fun.

Zep

Banned
I knew there would be a response on highlighting BA, lol. Still, the team sucks and no one is developing.

If eznark didn't let me borrow his 'fangraphs for retards' book, I'd still be stuck in the stone-age!

Ask him to borrow it!

Macattk15

What choice do they have?

It took Alex Gordon 5 seasons in the big leagues before he started to not suck.

Exactly.

People like Gordon ... Michael Saunders ... are why I'm afraid to just give up on Smoak / Montero / Ackley. (The latter 2 to a much lesser extent than Smoak).

I'm afraid that suddenly in year 5-6 of MLB time they'll just start mashing the ball while the M's sign Morales to an aging 6 year deal in Smoak's place.

Smoak sure is running out of time / patience though I would HAVE to imagine. I also don't think Smoak will in his dreams be able to do what Gordon currently does at the plate.

I hope Oakland keeps losing against the M's. Least it's Iwakuma tomorrow.

zulux21

huh, as long as i can add and subtract correctly, with the indians' win the AL central as a whole is actually the most games above .500 in the majors. (at 11 more wins than losses) next best i see is the AL east at 10 more wins than losses.
none of the teams are really blowing anyone away, but they aren't completely sucking either, I mean the worst team right now the White Sox are still only 4 games under .500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom