• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I've said this before, but imagine how bad the Angels position would be now if Trout hadn't succeeded so spectacularly. Hamilton, Pujols, still paying for Wells, Wilson is aging, and so forth. To make matters worse, those contracts are very backloaded and are going to get significantly more expensive even as Hamilton/Pujols/Wilson reach their middle 30s.

I completely agree that the Pujols departure worked perfectly for STL. We got all of Pujols HoF caliber seasons at a discount, and now the Angels get to pay for them.

The Angels have also had a really poor record drafting, IMO. Before 2012 Trout, who was their best offensive player home grown? Kendry Morales? Howie Kendrick?

see5harp

Jeez Barry Zito I thought you were our ace. They are going to have to start saying "best ERA starting against NL teams at AT&T on days not starting with the letter S."

Sanjuro

YEEEEESSSSS

ZLyoeKP.jpg

:'(

jakncoke

Banned
Jeez Barry Zito I thought you were our ace. They are going to have to start saying "best ERA starting against NL teams at AT&T on days not starting with the letter S."

lol?

Interesting you guys can finally get out of that terrible contract this year.

edit; Tabata owns Lohse

Sanjuro

Nomar fell apart, but it wasn't as if he was a flash in the plan a la Franco. He was clearly the real deal, Nomah was just hobbled by injuries in the second half of his career.

Still had a ton of great production out of him for a couple seasons after his wrist injury shortly after that cover hit newsstands. 2004 was more important, but the 2003 Red Sox team still remains my favorite of all time.

hemtae

I hate Tropicana

Still had a ton of great production out of him for a couple seasons after his wrist injury shortly after that cover hit newsstands. 2004 was more important, but the 2003 Red Sox team still remains my favorite of all time.

2003 was when I first started paying attention to baseball

rando14

trot, manny, nomar, pedro, mueller... loved that squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom