• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.
<3

y5ZHdnB.gif

4NYpFTi.gif

sangreal

Had no idea Lueke was such a piece of shit before reading the RAB recap. I don't know if he is a rapist but I certainly won't ever feel bad for him

You guys know that feeling when it doesn't matter if your team is down 5 runs in the top of the first, you still think you are convinced you are going to win? That's what I am feeling right now.

jakncoke

Banned
You guys know that feeling when it doesn't matter if your team is down 5 runs in the top of the first, you still think you are convinced you are going to win? That's what I am feeling right now.

If Pirates are down 5 in the first, the sky is falling on me, aliens are targeting cities with nukes and my head is doing this from anger

1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

Yesterday's game was one of the cooler things I've seen in baseball in awhile. Then right after the game the dumbasses on TV didn't think the giants had a chance to win the division. Oh east coast.

jakncoke

Banned
I think its funny the chances of Pitt making playoffs over the last 2 weeks on espn and baseball prospectus has increased like 20%. Why? Why does beating bad teams mostly at home = better chance at making playoffs? Also im really curious, nervious about the next 2 weeks of play.

I think its funny the chances of Pitt making playoffs over the last 2 weeks on espn and baseball prospectus has increased like 20%. Why? Why does beating bad teams mostly at home = better chance at making playoffs? Also im really curious, nervious about the next 2 weeks of play.

Because all wins count the same. The only thing that matters is winning enough games. Plus if the Pirates can build up enough first half wins then they will have a much bigger safety net to protect against a 2nd half collapse. Also looking at the WC standing you guys got a 3 games lead on the next closest teams, and 1 of those teams doesnt even count since they are going to win the West. Pirates are in great shape so far, just need to keep beating up on the bad teams and they will be fine.

jakncoke

Banned
Because all wins count the same. The only thing that matters is winning enough games. Plus if the Pirates can build up enough first half wins then they will have a much bigger safety net to protect against a 2nd half collapse. Also looking at the WC standing you guys got a 3 games lead on the next closest teams, and 1 of those teams doesnt even count since they are going to win the West. Pirates are in great shape so far, just need to keep beating up on the bad teams and they will be fine.

I dont believe. On August 6th we were 62-46 and finished 79-83

Talon

I dont believe. On August 6th we were 62-46 and finished 79-83
Man, I remember when the collapse started. It was a Sunday Night Baseball game. ESPN spent like an hour dedicated to the "resurgent" Pirates. Then they just got pummeled that game and got swept in that series.

RBH

Man, I remember when the collapse started. It was a Sunday Night Baseball game. ESPN spent like an hour dedicated to the "resurgent" Pirates. Then they just got pummeled that game and got swept in that series.
I also remember when the collapse started in 2011.

mccutchen.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom