• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Carlos Martinez has been sent back to AAA, presumably to stretch out as a starter. Matheny's mancrush Victor Marte is up in his place. There are rumblings that last year's first round pick, Michael Wacha, will be up later in the week to make his MLB debut.

Wainwright/Shelby/Lynn/Wacha/Martinez in the near future? Perhaps with Carpenter/Westbrook somewhere in there if their health cooperates.
The guys at SNY are infatuated with Wacha from what they saw in Spring. For whatever that's worth.

How long will Lyons be up for?
Probably the stopgap solution until Westbrook comes back or once Martinez gets his stamina up, w/e comes first. Westbrook was going to see Dr. Andrews but canceled it after having a painfree bullpen session. Kinda sounds like Jake is pushing himself through it since a second TJ surgery would probably kill his chances at a contract next offseason.

Parch

Fuck Lawrie. He can't produce anything with the bat and for every great throw he makes, he throws three balls away. And he's a clubhouse cancer. Somehow it's never his fault. It's the fans, the media, his teammates. Send him back to AAA, or trade him for a bag of potato chips.
That's a bit extreme. Blue Jays don't have anybody better to play third. He's still a rook and can get more consistent with the bat.

He's going to have to cool down the intensity, or at least not openly display it. You don't stare down teammates and question coaching. That's not going to sit well with anybody on the team. And he's getting a rep with the umps. Those assholes will gladly make an example of him and he'll never get a call.

Lawrie is intense, but baseball isn't that intense. Rook needs to grow up because that immature behavior isn't going to help him.

MiKeD

Banned
Holy shit, Vinnie Pestano the Indians closer for the time being. Fucking called it.
One of my Indians dreams this season has come true, now don't screw it up Vinnie.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Smoak is pretty lucky hes injured or he'd be joining them.

Gotta wonder how much longer Jack Z keeps his job. His era has been an unmitigated disaster.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
That's a bit extreme. Blue Jays don't have anybody better to play third. He's still a rook and can get more consistent with the bat.

He's going to have to cool down the intensity, or at least not openly display it. You don't stare down teammates and question coaching. That's not going to sit well with anybody on the team. And he's getting a rep with the umps. Those assholes will gladly make an example of him and he'll never get a call.

Lawrie is intense, but baseball isn't that intense. Rook needs to grow up because that immature behavior isn't going to help him.

He's such an annoyance and offers the team nothing at this point. Any journeyman third baseman they could find could bat over .200 and throw less balls away. Yeah, I'm being a bit extreme, but I won't shed too many tears to see him ride the bench for a while. :p

RBH

M's know Jack Z is serious.

Jack-Z.jpg

He's such an annoyance and offers the team nothing at this point. Any journeyman third baseman they could find could bat over .200 and throw less balls away. Yeah, I'm being a bit extreme, but I won't shed too many tears to see him ride the bench for a while. :p

They tried Mark Derosa at third earlier this year. The only reason he didn't throw balls away is because he couldn't get to them.

As long as the Jays are still trying to win -- as pitiful as their efforts have been -- Lawrie is still their best option.

harSon

Banned
Maybe the Pirates could have won if Hurdle wasn't insistent on letting Contreras walk us to a loss, and two bone headed roster moves today (Harrison and Contreras) also directly fucked us.

According to Twitter:

@Rio19: Cards tv announcer "Any true #Royals fan would tell you that they root for the #Cardinals as their team in the national league."

What stupid announcer said THAT?

The team I root for in the NL is a tie between the Reds, Cubs, Brewers and Pirates. I love them all equally! (The Astros were on the list too prior to this year.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom