• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekameohs

Banned
tumblr_m3qr13aaoZ1rskeexo1_400.gif

Fun facts on Roy Halladay's start tonight:

-- First pitcher in the modern era (since 1900) to strike out at least 9 while throwing less than 4 innings

-- First Phillies pitcher since Curt Schilling in 1998 (also against Braves) to record first 8 outs as strikeouts

-- First time he's ever allowed a home run to a player making his Major League debut (Evan Gattis)

-- Fourth time he's ever allowed a player's first career home run (Gattis, Freddie Freeman - 2010, Jerry Owens - 2007, Terrence Long - 2000)

-- Threw 57.9% strikes, his lowest strike percentage since September 20, 2008 (lower strike percentage in only 15 of his previous 377 career starts)

-- Threw only 50.5% fastballs, his third-lowest single-game total since the start of the 2009 season

-- First time he's thrown at least 40 pitches in an inning since July 12, 2007

-- Fewest innings pitched in a game where he threw at least 95 pitches

-- Most pitches he's ever thrown in a game with 3.1 innings pitched or fewer

Opiate

There's not much us San Francisco folk hate more than Monsanto.

Huh, that's strange. Is it anti-GM crop woo or just a hatred of monopolistic corporations? I mean, Monsanto has done some terrible things, don't get me wrong, but so has Apple, for that matter. I always feel like the dislike of Monsanto is intrinsically tied to some ridiculous fear of GM crops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom