• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh, that's strange. Is it anti-GM crop woo or just a hatred of monopolistic corporations? I mean, Monsanto has done some terrible things, don't get me wrong, but so has Apple, for that matter. I always feel like the dislike of Monsanto is intrinsically tied to some ridiculous fear of GM crops.

probably both.

Opiate

probably both.

Yeah, that's fine. I'd just point out that a distrust of GM crops is one of those (rare) cases where science doesn't seem to agree with liberals, as robust research hasn't found any significant negative effect from GM crops.

Okay, back to baseball. Congrats DBacks.

zulux21

so there are only 6 teams with out a loss left (none on the west coast) which do people think will be the last one to lose a game (is who they are currently facing)

Red Sox (yankees) (then Jays)
White Sox (royals) (then Mariners)
Indians (jays) (then Rays)
Braves (phillies) (then cubs)
Mets (padres) (then lol marlins)
Nationals (lol marlins) (then reds)

I'm leaning towards the mets to be the last to record a loss just due to the strength of the team they are facing next. I'm thinking the white sox, indians, and braves lose their third game in the series later today.

G-Fex

so there are only 6 teams with out a loss left (none on the west coast) which do people think will be the last one to lose a game (is who they are currently facing)

I'm leaning towards the mets to be the last to record a loss just due to the strength of the team they are facing next. I'm thinking the white sox, indians, and braves lose their third game in the series later today.

I put it on Red Sox to lose last.

rekameohs

Banned
Kirk Gibson just said that Martin Prado was going to come in to pitch and Patrick Corbin was going to play left field.

lol Heath Bell

Link

The Autumn Wind

I'll say the White Sox. The Mets always manage to lose to the Marlins, no matter how terrible they are.

iplaDpzgXQznz.gif

That feel in your pants.

Same one I got when Reynolds hit the game winning bomb to set us up for.the sweep

Go Tribe!

Edit: Thanks for making Ubaldo look good, sorry ass Jays.

ToxicAdam

Laffey is still in the league? ... as a starter?

edit: Oh, he's spot starting. Left handers hang around forever in this league.

BFIB

It seems the Cards usually have an early extra inning affair that always ends with the Cards losing. The 18 inning game against the Mets come to mind.

Now that we got that out of the way, here's hoping for taking 1 out of 3 in San Fran, since the Cards always play like shit there.

7 hits and 4 walks through 4 innings? Get it together, Saunders.

By the way, we need an M's Win gif for the 75 times it will need to be used this year.

Reynolds is going to be tough to watch all year. He can look really bad most of the time at the plate.

Fine with me, when he'll win games for us like he did last night.

Same one I got when Reynolds hit the game winning bomb to set us up for.the sweep

Go Tribe!

Edit: Thanks for making Ubaldo look good, sorry ass Jays.

Yay Indians 2-0. Yet they talk about a Blue Jays superteam. pft.

Kinda lame Perez blew the save, but they still came out on top.

Surprisingly I haven't seen as much haters out yet after losing the first game.

The Tribe's your second favorite team, right Kave? ;D

Reynolds is going to be tough to watch all year. He can look really bad most of the time at the plate.

At least he has good pop and shouldn't be a GIDP machine. Not that all the k's are going to be pretty to watch.

Yay Indians 2-0. Yet they talk about a Blue Jays superteam. pft.

Kinda lame Perez blew the save, but they still came out on top.

To be fair, he did cough up the hr to one of the best power hitters in the game. Not going to hold that one against him. It won't be long before he passes Jose Mesa on the Tribe career save list, so I'm happy with that.

Brett Myers is starting tonight. Kinda nervous about him but hopefully he can keep us in the game and we get a sweep :D.

Oh snaps...we need to start a secret indian's club!

The secret phrase is
Greg Swindell and Charlie Nagy fucking rocked

If Myers can give us 6 solid innings today I'll be happy. 7 would be great as our bullpen got some work yesterday.

But....I'm betting on 5 2/3 with a high pitch count.

Also Kazmir is scratched for TB Sunday. Don't bet on Bauer...I think they send Kluber up.

At least he has good pop and shouldn't be a GIDP machine. Not that all the k's are going to be pretty to watch.

To be fair, he did cough up the hr to one of the best power hitters in the game. Not going to hold that one against him. It won't be long before he passes Jose Mesa on the Tribe career save list, so I'm happy with that.

Brett Myers is starting tonight. Kinda nervous about him but hopefully he can keep us in the game and we get a sweep :D.

True, but ugh, don't ever again say the player who shant be named who blew the 97 series!

The secret phrase is

If Myers can give us 6 solid innings today I'll be happy. 7 would be great as our bullpen got some work yesterday.

Also Kazmir is scratched for TB Sunday. Don't bet on Bauer...I think they send Kluber up.

Nagy was the one that should have closed it out. :(

Secret phrase is great.*fist bump*

JABEE

I haven't had the chance to watch any of the Phillies games this season other than the last two innings of Game 1. :(

It seems the Cards usually have an early extra inning affair that always ends with the Cards losing. The 18 inning game against the Mets come to mind.

Now that we got that out of the way, here's hoping for taking 1 out of 3 in San Fran, since the Cards always play like shit there.

I have never been more thankful for a day off. They're all going to need it.

The secret phrase is

Never forget :p.

Hopefully the offense really gets going and it won't matter! I know, not likely, but I can dream.

Yeah, most likely Kluber. Or possibly a surprise Dice-K
lol
. Too bad Carrasco is still serving his suspension.

True, but ugh, don't ever again say the player who shant be named who blew the 97 series!

Nagy was the one that should have closed it out. :(

Sorry, won't do it again :p. Wish Jaret Wright could have pitched a complete game and not gotten the bullpen involved at all.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Fun Rays facts:

The Rays streak of 1207 games without using a Free Agent SP ends today as Roberto Hernandez takes the mound. The last FA SP to pitch for the Rays was Hideo Nomo on July 15 2005.

And today is also the first pitcher over the age of 30 to start for the Rays since June 25 2006.

Syrinx

Fun Rays facts:

The Rays streak of 1207 games without using a Free Agent SP ends today as Roberto Hernandez takes the mound. The last FA SP to pitch for the Rays was Hideo Nomo on July 15 2005.

And today is also the first pitcher over the age of 30 to start for the Rays since June 25 2006.

Pretty amazing, considering how successful they've been in recent years. Investing in young pitching is the way to go nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom