• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 hit, pathetic. Besides McCutchen this team has asstastic batting averages. He has a .308 and Neil Walker sits at #2 with .143 I gues that shocks no one though

Everyone knows this is the true level of the shit pirates. They overachieved during the first part of 2012, but now they are showing their true colors.

jakncoke

Banned
Everyone knows this is the true level of the shit pirates. They overachieved during the first part of 2012, but now they are showing their true colors.

I think our problem is we have 1 superstar hitter with a loglam of of either average players or players that cant hit to save their life. We need to develop or sign people that are at least above average to mask the others. It'll be interesting to see how Marte hitting develops this year he's really young and makes a lot of foolish hacks so far

On a side note to make myself feel better. Houston managed to strike out 13 times. Thats still their season low, gotta be getting close to some record lol

The Astros set a major league record by striking out 43 times in a season-opening series and became the first team of the “live ball era” to strike out at least 15 times and fail to score in consecutive games, according to the Houston Chronicle.

Houston (1-3) became the first team in major league baseball history to open a season with four consecutive games of 10-plus strikeouts on offense. The Astros have accumulated 56 strikeouts in just 129 at-bats.

Read more: http://www.wptz.com/news/sports/Ath.../19645070/-/cklx94/-/index.html#ixzz2PgQnf5Vu

43.4% strikeouts

jakncoke

Banned
One thing that was funny both starting pitchers last night fell into bad counts yet still managed to get outs nearly all the time

Waiting for rookies to be called up is one of the more frustrating aspects of baseball. In hockey and basketball, players are ready to go pro the second they turn 18 depending on talent level. Meanwhile, Danny Hultzen is already 23 years old and he hasn't thrown a pitch in the majors yet.

I'm looking for articles or books that attempt to explain this phenomenon but haven't had much luck.

Average age of rookies, from 10 minutes of research:
MLB: ~23-24
NBA: ~20
NFL: ~21
NHL: 22.3

Not as dramatic a difference as I thought.

jakncoke

Banned
Waiting for rookies to be called up is one of the more frustrating aspects of baseball. In hockey and basketball, players are ready to go pro the second they turn 18 depending on talent level. Meanwhile, Danny Hultzen is already 23 years old and he hasn't thrown a pitch in the majors yet.

I'm looking for articles or books that attempt to explain this phenomenon but haven't had much luck.

Average age of rookies, from 10 minutes of research:
MLB: ~23-24
NBA: ~20
NFL: ~21
NHL: 22.3

Not as dramatic a difference as I thought.

Yeah the wait from draft point to them getting through the minors is painful, you have to wait 3-4 years for most prospects to even taste MLB. Not to mention the high crash out in the minors so the player you want to see in MLB may never even sniff AA or AAA let alone MLB unless they are super high drafted and pretty much pushed to MLB at some point to see if they can salvage anything on their investment before cutting ties

He chose to go there, he deserves the shitty results for trying to goto a "stacked" team

I got the sense that he and his wife really enjoyed Philadelphia because he took a LOT less guaranteed money to go there compared to what the Rangers and Yankees were throwing at him.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
On a side note to make myself feel better. Houston managed to strike out 13 times. Thats still their season low, gotta be getting close to some record lol

43.4% strikeouts

They're way too antsy, swinging at nearly everything. It's disgusting.

They're definitely on pace to break the team record for strikeouts by a team.

jakncoke

Banned
They're way too antsy, swinging at nearly everything. It's disgusting.

They're definitely on pace to break the team record for strikeouts by a team.

Not even just that, they are on pace to literally destroy it. Yeah its too small a sample size but at this pace they'd break it by like 7 or 8 hundred

Well that was some game last night.

Bailey is going to have a breakout year. (He was nearly (and sometimes not-so-nearly) unhittable the last two months of the year last year. It was what they call... a trap game! (in basketball)

Still think Nats take the series.

McNei1y

Bailey is going to have a breakout year. (He was nearly (and sometimes not-so-nearly) unhittable the last two months of the year last year. It was what they call... a trap game! (in basketball)

Still think Nats take the series.

Bailey will definitely have a fantastic year. No doubt in my mind. I couldn't sit through that game. It was brutal. Luckily I was at a bar watching the game. And Henry Rodriguez blows. Plus, that's his second grand slam given up in Cincy.

JCizzle

Time for Happ to step up.

Good thing we're facing Lackey.

Fucking lackey. This sox team is so much more enjoyable than the '11 and certainly '12 versions... But here comes lackey to shit all over that. The one saving grace from last year was not having to watch his ugly entitled ass yelling at fielders as they helplessly watched rocket after rocket fall into the gaps.

cashman

Banned
McCutchen suspended 50 games for testing positive for two performance-enhancing substances.

edit: Baltimore Orioles minor league pitcher Daniel McCutchen.

Sanjuro

Fucking lackey. This sox team is so much more enjoyable than the '11 and certainly '12 versions... But here comes lackey to shit all over that. The one saving grace from last year was not having to watch his ugly entitled ass yelling at fielders as they helplessly watched rocket after rocket fall into the gaps.

Lackey ruins the team without having thrown a single pitch WHAT

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Should just award an out whenever Lind comes up.

Would save us the time and move things along a lot faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom