• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

I've been watching the Red Sox for years. Pedroia is my favorite active non-Cub in baseball. I don't know if I'm a Red Sox fan per se, but I definitely pay attention to what they do and watch a good amount of games throughout the year. I buy mlb.tv specifically to get the NESN broadcast for all games.

Lackey just gave up a HR. Still sucks.

TLDR; I sort of care.

I have no reason to despise Lackey at the moment. The organization trotted him out to get shelled. Out for about two years, loses weight, adds more finesse to his stuff. All he really needs to do is pitch consistently with a 3-4 ERA.

IIRC he kept insisting he was healthy throughout the year. He didn't want to take the extra year at league minimum.

After Schilling? Not buying it.

JCizzle

I've been watching the Red Sox for years. Pedroia is my favorite active non-Cub in baseball. I don't know if I'm a Red Sox fan per se, but I definitely pay attention to what they do and watch a good amount of games throughout the year. I buy mlb.tv specifically to get the NESN broadcast for all games.

Lackey just gave up a HR. Still sucks.

TLDR; I sort of care.

I hope Theo does well for you guys (and Chicago gives him the amount of time he needs to rebuild the mess they built).

zychi

Banned
I hope Theo does well for you guys (and Chicago gives him the amount of time he needs to rebuild the mess they built).

Me too. I trust him. Cubs fans, mostly the bandwagoners who jumped on around the Alou/Alex Gonzalez incidient(I refuse to blame Bartman, players gotta play) and when Lou gave us a few winning seasons in a row. Are all complaining that the Cubs suck, and everyone should be fired already.

IT TAKES TIME PEOPLE. Hendry gave us no farm system, and some shitty contracts like Soriano's, who I actually like, but is really overpaid.

I keep telling myself it'l be that much sweeter when they finally win. The Blackhawks are a great example, and just down the road, of what new management can do with the right young talent.

JCizzle

Webster/De La Rosa, come on up. Hopefully Webster didn't lose his awesome spring training command after walking 3 in his first AAA start.

I think he was expecting the fans to go give Lackey a hug

lol that's ridiculous. There is a big gap between "hugging" someone and booing someone who clearly just blew his arm out. Terrible fans at this game.

Sanjuro

Its realistic to believe some fans shouldn't boo a guy that didn't want to manage their team anymore?

That was never the case though.

ePp1ZYz.gif

Didn't we actually trade Farrell?

Again, I don't get the hate. The team he was managing at the end of the year was never going to be successful.

Sanjuro

Didn't we actually trade Farrell?

Again, I don't get the hate. The team he was managing at the end of the year was never going to be successful.

There was a trade, but he wasn't a part of it. Seemed to be done out of good faith on the Red Sox end along with the release. Aviles for somebody, who Jays flipped.

Ugh, I'm dreading how early I'm going to have to get to the dome for Edwin bobblehead day, it's looking like it will sell out in the next few days =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom