• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

I wonder if Francis clears waivers would the Mets take a shot at him. Mets have been grabbing up pitchers that cleared recently (Aardsma/Torres)

MiKeD

Banned
Alright, anyone hearing this Charles Kelly guy getting interviewed on FS Reds right now? Dude reminds me of an animation series character. DAT voice.

jakncoke

Banned
For coming out of no where on my radar Crumpton has pitched not so terrible so far in 2 starts

This may or may not be a knee jerk reaction but I'm starting to feel like you guys are a bigger threat than Cincy.

We've had a lot of luck so far. At some point that's going to run out and another freefall will occur.

harSon

Banned
For coming out of no where on my radar Crumpton has pitched not so terrible so far in 2 starts

We've had a lot of luck so far. At some point that's going to run out and another freefall will occur.

I'm actually feeling pretty hopeful about our prospects. Our offense is terrible like last season, and we're relying too heavily on our starting rotation and bullpen, but we're much better equipped this season to not plummet in that regard. We're winning games, and that's without Burnett, Wandy and Gomez. And once those guys come back, we have a deep rotation and/or guys we can throw into the bullpen if needed.

Our next 8 games are against the Angels, Mariners and Brewers, so hopefully we go into the All-Star break on good terms. We're definitely going to need trade for a bat or two if we want to have a chance at making a run.

cashman

Banned
Probably the best thing about the Rangers playing so poorly over the last month, is that I'm pleasantly surprised when they actually do well.

So it turned out Jeff Francis somehow was able to be sent to AAA Colorado Springs to make room for Oswalt. The Rockies DFA'd Chris Volstad to make room on the 40-man.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
You know, I would have no problem replacing Uggla with Pastornicky for like, a month while Dan recovers from eye surgery.

Now I started watching late... who is the home plate ump? I'm surprised these pitchers don't have like 4-5 walks apiece.

Yikes that ball was hit hard.

Andrew Brown was mashing in AAA too. Mets seem to be making a concerted efforted to take out all the trash... adding Brown/Nieuwenhuis/Young = much better speed/power than what was there before. What happens when Turner comes back, does Valdespin go down? Some pointed comments about him recently.

Andrew Brown was mashing in AAA too. Mets seem to be making a concerted efforted to take out all the trash... adding Brown/Nieuwenhuis/Young = much better speed/power than what was there before. What happens when Turner comes back, does Valdespin go down? Some pointed comments about him recently.
Yea i think he's done. I like him but he aint worth the trouble.

Link

The Autumn Wind
It'll either be him or Nieuwenhuis. Valdespin has the extra value of being able to play the infield.

Top Bottom