• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

RGVNOE

Here's something to consider: Teams from the East usually have a hard time going West and vice-versa. The Pirates just went through an easy stretch, where the Reds and the Cardinals are going through the toughest part of their schedule at the end of last month.

It'll even out.

The Cards were horrible against the Marlins also and escaped NY with the series win barely, but i hope you're right

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
What the fuck. Why are they playing 19 games against the Marlins this year instead of the standard 18?
Don't know but I ain't complaining. Our last series against them is 4 games.

The Braves' second half schedule is so easy. 15 games against the Marlins and Phillies, and they don't go further west than Chicago.

Edit: *looks at a map*

They won't go further west than St. Louis.

Hell of a win by the Tribe. Can't believe Kluber gave up a GS, but great defense with the double plays (by both teams)

Gotta keep up with Detroit especially with the upcoming series with the Tigers next, so need to take this series.

3N16MA

Banned
UbizJ23l.jpg

Yankees Win!

Here's something to consider: Teams from the East usually have a hard time going West and vice-versa. The Pirates just went through an easy stretch, where the Reds and the Cardinals are going through the toughest part of their schedule at the end of last month.

It'll even out.
Maybe. It's a long season. I expected Miller and Lynn to hit a wall at some point - just not this early.

what kind of contract is Kershaw going to get out of Magic and co. if he keeps pitching like this?
A Pujols-esque one.

Seems to be the whole staff right now though except for Waino
Westbrook is pitching as well as expected tbh. The fifth spot is a black hole right now (also expected). Hoping Kelly can do not so terribly as a fill-in starter. Wacha really wasn't ready and I don't think Martinez is either at this point. Perhaps they'll be more MLB ready once they get some more work done in AAA.

RGVNOE

Westbrook is pitching as well as expected tbh. The fifth spot is a black hole right now (also expected). Hoping Kelly can do not so terribly as a fill-in starter. Wacha really wasn't ready and I don't think Martinez is either at this point. Perhaps they'll be more MLB ready once they get some more work done in AAA.

Agreed they definitely needed more time in the minors hopefully they're up for the task next year

3N16MA

Banned
Cano is great but It's going to be shit paying a declining 37-39 year old middle infielder 20M+ per season. If he wants A-Rod money or anything $200M+, he can find it elsewhere.

Agreed they definitely needed more time in the minors hopefully they're up for the task next year
Ideally, Kelly would give us quality starts while Wacha/Martinez could give a spot start here and there while providing long relief as necessary. More than likely, we'll have to deal for a starting pitcher - I just hope we don't have to give up too much.

Shelby and Lance crapping the bed isn't helping when our 4/5 spots are already mediocre. I think Shelby noticed some kind of mechanical flaw in his delivery so hopefully, it's an easy fix. No effing clue what's going on with Lance. Sometimes he looks like he's got ace potential; other times he's so incredibly hittable. Though I guess that's your typical mid-rotation starter.

RGVNOE

Ideally, Kelly would give us quality starts while Wacha/Martinez could give a spot start here and there while providing long relief as necessary. More than likely, we'll have to deal for a starting pitcher - I just hope we don't have to give up too much.

Shelby and Lance crapping the bed isn't helping when our 4/5 spots are already mediocre. I think Shelby noticed some kind of mechanical flaw in his delivery so hopefully, it's an easy fix. No effing clue what's going on with Lance. Sometimes he looks like he's got ace potential; other times he's so incredibly hittable. Though I guess that's your typical mid-rotation starter.

I almost feel like any deal for a starter the other team will probably want Adams. Lance has never really been consistent I've never seen him as a top of the rotation guy sometimes he's good, but the majority of the time he is hittable

man A-Rod looks old as shit. I still remember his breakout season as a Mariner when he was what? 20 years old? Got robbed of the MVP by Juan Gone.

to-crying_o_GIFSoup.com_.gif

I'm too old for this shit.

I almost feel like any deal for a starter the other team will probably want Adams. Lance has never really been consistent I've never seen him as a top of the rotation guy sometimes he's good, but the majority of the time he is hittable

I would really hate to give up Adams. He could develop into an amazing hitter.

RGVNOE

I would really hate to give up Adams. He could develop into an amazing hitter.

The problem is where to put him Craig just got a big deal in the off season and with taveras coming up for the outfield who do you take out. If i had to chose one i say Jay, but i doubt the organization will get rid of Jay

RGVNOE

playing sub .500 baseball will let the division slip away they need to start hitting with RISP, seems like all good hitting stats they had suddenly are starting to turn for the worst

Top Bottom