• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

The problem is where to put him Craig just got a big deal in the off season and with taveras coming up for the outfield who do you take out. If i had to chose one i say Jay, but i doubt the organization will get rid of Jay
I think Taveras' ability to play CF at the major league level is a bigger obstacle than any sentimentality with Jay. It's noteworthy that they're still giving Oscar reps there in Memphis but his ankle injury (didn't he just go back on the DL for it?) isn't exactly making things easy. If we don't get rid of Jay, no reason why he couldn't be the 4th OF if Taveras doesn't suck ass in CF.

RGVNOE

I think Taveras' ability to play CF at the major league level is a bigger obstacle than any sentimentality with Jay. It's noteworthy that they're still giving Oscar reps there in Memphis but his ankle injury (didn't he just go back on the DL for it?) isn't exactly making things easy. If we don't get rid of Jay, no reason why he couldn't be the 4th OF if Taveras doesn't suck ass in CF.

Definitely would be a fine 4th OF, but yea I think we need another CF hope Oscar can live up to the hype. and yea i believe he did go back on he DL

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
15 vs. MIA

16 vs. PHI

4 vs. CIN

3 vs. CHW

9 vs. NYM

7 vs. STL

4 vs. COL

9 vs. WSN

3 vs. CLE

3 vs. SDP

3 vs. CHC

3 vs. MIL

edit:

braves don't have to travel much the rest of the season:

iLHTM07WAyiIY.jpg

furthest is probably new york.

edit:

Road Trips

Philly to Miami 6 games

Chicago to New York 7 games

Philly to Washington 6 games

New York to St. Louis 6 games

Philly to Miami 7 games

Washington to Chicago 6 games.

and a lot of times it is afternoon game to night game trips. Although I think a lot of teams have that kind of afternoon before a road trip schedule.

edit: basically the braves players shouldn't be complaining about being tired down the stretch from road trips. they did all that in the first half.

I think this is the obstacle

Meier

I can't believe we traded for Marmol. Fucking hell that is just asking for trouble. Guerrier has never lived up to his Twins form but Marmol being a previously established closer just gives me a too many cooks in the kitchen vibe.

I can't believe we traded for Marmol. Fucking hell that is just asking for trouble. Guerrier has never lived up to his Twins form but Marmol being a previously established closer just gives me a too many cooks in the kitchen vibe.

I don't think he'll play for the Dodgers. He'll be with the Isotopes.

Cruz declined his AAA assignment.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

It's a really good trade for the Dodgers.

Marmol is a better reliever and hes not going to be closing. More importantly though it gave the Dodgers extra international signing money.

eznark

Banned
It's a really good trade for the Dodgers.

Marmol is a better reliever and hes not going to be closing. More importantly though it gave the Dodgers extra international signing money.

I missed that part. The Cubs gave up international money? Amazing. That was the best part of the Orioles deal and then they go and piss it away just to get rid of Marmol.

Brilliant.

turnbuckle

I haven't watched the Angels play much this year, but what's up with Mike Trout's defensive metrics? I just looked up the leaders in WAR (according to fangraphs) for the American League and Trout's numbers indicate he's been absolutely average so far. Is this just a case of a small sample size? Playing more left field?

AL War Leaders as of July 2nd

I missed that part. The Cubs gave up international money? Amazing. That was the best part of the Orioles deal and then they go and piss it away just to get rid of Marmol.

Brilliant.
Sounds like the Dodgers DFA'd Marmol. Guerrier for international pool money lol.

The Cubs still ended up at a net positive with international $$$ in yesterday's trades though.

Windu

I haven't watched the Angels play much this year, but what's up with Mike Trout's defensive metrics? I just looked up the leaders in WAR (according to fangraphs) for the American League and Trout's numbers indicate he's been absolutely average so far. Is this just a case of a small sample size? Playing more left field?

AL War Leaders as of July 2nd
you usually want three years of data for defensive stats to judge a player. I believe scouts still say he is above average though. He is a big dude so i doubt he was as good as was shown last season.

Matugi

Strasburg is getting an MLB-worst 2.44 runs of support per game.

Please someone put him on suicide watch, don't know how much longer he can take it.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Good news!

Diamondbacks are now in first place with a 42-41 record.

NL West has to be so proud. All it's going to take is a two- or three-week hot streak by somebody to win that division. Dodgers look like they may be on it right now.

Windu

Diamondbacks are now in first place with a 42-41 record.

NL West has to be so proud. All it's going to take is a two- or three-week hot streak by somebody to win that division. Dodgers look like they may be on it right now.
Nationals would be tied for first.

Dodgers have already DFA'd Carlos Marmol.

It seems they only did the deal for what it would mean to their International money pool.

CygnusXS

So if the game doesn't get called for rain, and the Marlins trade Nolasco before it begins, who starts for them tonight?

Brian Kenny makes Harold look like such an idiot. He's completely right about these antiquated achievements. Shelby and Matt Harvey's 1 hitters were much more impressive than Bailey's no hitter.

Enron

Banned
WHAT THE FUCKKJS

The Rangers have agreed to sign Manny Ramirez to a minor league deal, a major league source tells Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News. The 41-year-old recently left his Taiwanese club, the EDA Rhinos, to try to get back to the big leagues for the first time since 2011.

CygnusXS

Your daily reminder that it's halfway through the season and the Nats have a negative run differential.

Top Bottom