• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

I am so flabergasted by the Os. They need duture starters and they have their top pick from last year wasting away in the bullpen. Hes not ready. Should be in Double A. Completely retarded.

Well Mets just won the series.

LINK_STOP_LAUGHING_MAH_BOI_by_Aethios.png

The Mets have designated RHP Brandon Lyon for assignment.

The Mets will recall RHP Greg Burke from Triple-A Las Vegas.

Lyon had a 4.98 ERA in 34 1/3 innings for the Mets this season. However, he has allowed ten earned runs in his last eight outings, including one run in 1 1/3 innings in Thursday’s loss to the Diamondbacks.

Coming into play today, opponents were hitting .353 against Lyon with runners in scoring position, hitting .313 with two outs and runners in scoring position, and he allowed 16 inherited runners to score.

The Mets signed Lyon to a one-year, $750,000 contract this past winter, one of only two Major League contracts the Mets agreed to during the off-season.

The 40-man roster now stands at 39.
Ike Davis is being promoted to the Mets, according to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York.

Earlier today, Terry Collins told reporters there was no timetable for the team to promote Davis.

Davis was in tonight’s lineup for the Las Vegas 51s – who are in Arizona playing Triple-A Tucson – but he has since been scratched.

In 21 games since being demoted to the minor leagues, Davis has hit .293 with seven home runs and 13 RBI.
welcom back!

rando14

why the fuck is ackley PINCH HITTING

and then he strikes out on 3 pitches of fucking course lol

edit: a 41 year old man is our source of offense. :|

bozeman

Pretty good defense from Matt Adams. I'm torn on whether the Cards should dangle him as trade bait or not. If only he could play some other position.

Macattk15

Why the F did Wedge not pinch hit Blanco when he was up with bases loaded.

God I hope Wedge gets canned soon.

Also zero fucking reason to start Brendan Ryan anymore.

RGVNOE

Pretty good defense from Matt Adams. I'm torn on whether the Cards should dangle him as trade bait or not. If only he could play some other position.

definitely looks better fielding than last year. Or if only MM would sub Craig for Jay in CF the team would look much better

bozeman

definitely looks better fielding than last year. Or if only MM would sub Craig for Jay in CF the team would look much better

Craig couldn't be an everyday centerfielder. Same as some people arguing that we should move Beltran back to center and Craig over to right. Beltran barely moves in right. He couldn't go foul line to foul line to back up the other fielders.

Chris R

Well that is that. At least the game was close :( Would have been nice to win it but you can't expect a team this bad to not blow close games like this.

RGVNOE

Craig couldn't be an everyday centerfielder. Same as some people arguing that we should move Beltran back to center and Craig over to right. Beltran barely moves in right. He couldn't go foul line to foul line to back up the other fielders.

I think Craig could handle himself fine in the OF, If Holliday can play OF everyday i don't see a reason why Craig couldn't

Link

The Autumn Wind
Marlins only 4 games back of the Mets. Not sure they'll catch them by the All-Star Break like I predicted, though.

bozeman

I think Craig could handle himself fine in the OF, If Holliday can play OF everyday i don't see a reason why Craig couldn't

Craig does play fine in the outfield....the corner outfield (in fact, he's playing left tonight). There's a big difference between playing left or right field and playing centerfield. The person in center has to be a much better defensive player than Craig would be.

Top Bottom