• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

zulux21

ffs, how does Valverde still get paid

Ha. Can't believe they still let that guy close out games.

Valverde does it again lmao

to be fair he had been quite solid this year up until this point.

35AFw.png

i'm just glad to see him pitch like he did last year.... solid valverde is boring to watch.... the will he manage to actually get out of this jam valverde is loads of fun to watch (as a white sox fan lol)

MiKeD

Banned

i'm just glad to see him pitch like he did last year.... solid valverde is boring to watch.... the will he manage to actually get out of this jam valverde is loads of fun to watch (as a white sox fan lol)

I always get the feeling barely scrapes through and doesn't have a great strikeout pitch. I'm not sure if I'm right here, but it's like he relies too often on a groundout or fly/pop out. But the main reason is that I just absolutely hate his windup before the pitches lol.

zulux21

I always get the feeling barely scrapes through and doesn't have a great strikeout pitch. I'm not sure if I'm right here, but it's like he relies too often on a groundout or fly/pop out. But the main reason is that I just absolutely hate his windup before the pitches lol.

he gets around a strike out per inning pitched, so it's not an amazing ratio but he does get his strike outs.

in the past it really seemed like either he wasn't quite warmed up when he came in, or just that he can't get it going unless the pressure is on. Either way as a white sox fan watching him close for the tigers, I really enjoyed watching him... save or no save more often than not the tying run would be on second or third before the game was over lol.

That all being said, he is doing way better than Coke did for the tigers. Also just because someone is a great 8th inning guy doesn't mean they can close. for example Matt Thornton
in general has been a pretty good pitcher for the white sox, but he was a horrid closer.

MiKeD

Banned
he gets around a strike out per inning pitched, so it's not an amazing ratio but he does get his strike outs.

in the past it really seemed like either he wasn't quite warmed up when he came in, or just that he can't get it going unless the pressure is on. Either way as a white sox fan watching him close for the tigers, I really enjoyed watching him... save or no save more often than not the tying run would be on second or third before the game was over lol.

That all being said, he is doing way better than Coke did for the tigers. Also just because someone is a great 8th inning guy doesn't mean they can close. for example Matt Thornton
in general has been a pretty good pitcher for the white sox, but he was a horrid closer.

Ah alright, got ya.

sangreal

to be honest, my disdain is totally anecdotal (and poisoned by my hate for his theatrics), but I always felt even when he was racking up saves and good numbers he was getting hit hard

Huh, it turns out that Dom Brown is going to be the better player after all. Remember all those early comparisons between him and heyward a few years back?

And lol at the Braves having 15 tools in the outfield, what a crock of shit.

15 tools to strike out.

MiKeD

Banned
Tom Withers ‏@twithersAP 31s
#Indians and #Rays have played for 19 minutes and waited for nearly four hours. #mindboggling

Ffs. Decide already.

zulux21

to be honest, my disdain is totally anecdotal (and poisoned by my hate for his theatrics), but I always felt even when he was racking up saves and good numbers he was getting hit hard

oh I can get that... I would never want him to pitch for my team. I would cry myself to sleep for a week if it was announced the white sox signed him to anything lol.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
RMooneyTBO
Hearing (unofficially) they're aiming to get #Rays-Indians started again around 11:50

hooray for baseball games that wont end till 3 in the morning -_-

Top Bottom