• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Big test for Edgin here. He's been billed as a future crossover guy who can pitch multiple innings and get both lefties and righties. Here's his chance, he seems to have rebounded from his wildness last inning.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Big test for Edgin here. He's been billed as a future crossover guy who can pitch multiple innings and get both lefties and righties. Here's his chance, he seems to have rebounded from his wildness last inning.
I've never thought much of Edgin.

See what happens when you put the runner in motion TC? Hurdle sends a sloth in Barmes yet TC doesn't run with Lagares... Mets could've had runner on 2nd at least last inning.

Well auto-walk to Marte, now Tabata comes up.
I've never thought much of Edgin.
Throws 94, decent slider. His control and lack of a 3rd pitch is his issue.

Jeez, Ike. Swing at ball 4 again why don't you.

C'mon Byrd, time to be clutch again.

EDIT: again he rips it at a guy. Mets getting no luck on O.

McCutchen is hurt... another headfirst slide.

EDIT: Another IBB? I guess... does setup a DP and he hits into a ton of them. But you worry about Germen and wildness.

a 10-bounce roller gets through the infield, bad luck strikes again. Bleh.

Helluva game though, still questionable why he removed Hefner after 7 inning of only throwing 78 pitches.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
At least the ASB is coming up soon. Jason probably won't have to go on the DL, but BJ definitely will and who knows about Justin.

Syrinx

I'm inclined to agree with Link about TC, if only because I'm still mad about how he butchered and ruined the Matt Harvey game I went to against the Nationals. I think they might let his contract expire after the season and then have Wally take over the reins.

Do you disagree? He either leaves starters in too long, or just completely mismanages the bullpen more often than not.
Yeah... he's made some head-scratching decisions this year, but let's face it he has had little to work with in the pen until recently, and his starters are all getting hurt. Tonight is one of the reason I a) would've kept Carlos Torres in the pen and started Gonzalez Germen tomorrow b) if Germen went to the pen get him an inning or two in either of the blowouts vs. the Giants Tuesday or Wednesday, just to get his feet wet.

Without Torres and Aardsma already used Mets were already at a disadvantage, now you use a kid and ask him to make his ML debut against the meat of the order vs. the Pirates? That's tough. I know you're also mad at the decision to not send Lagares also, but like I said TC seems to have the confidence in his players and Gary/Keith were campaigning hard for the Mets to resign him ASAP.

Syrinx

Yeah... he's made some head-scratching decisions this year, but let's face it he has had little to work with in the pen until recently, and his starters are all getting hurt. Tonight is one of the reason I a) would've kept Carlos Torres in the pen and started Gonzalez Germen tomorrow b) if Germen went to the pen get him an inning or two in either of the blowouts vs. the Giants Tuesday or Wednesday, just to get his feet wet.

Without Torres and Aardsma already used Mets were already at a disadvantage, now you use a kid and ask him to make his ML debut against the meat of the order vs. the Pirates? That's tough. I know you're also mad at the decision to not send Lagares also, but like I said TC seems to have the confidence in his players and Gary/Keith were campaigning hard for the Mets to resign him ASAP.

I mean...it's one thing to have a situation like with Frank Francisco at times last year or Bobby Parnell at times over the last few years where you give a guy a role, and they just don't get the job done. But at times...I don't know. That Nats game where Harvey pitched, there was NO reason to take out Aardsma to have Edgin face Span. None whatsoever. I gave Sandy shit about failing to get the arms in this pen for the team to succeed, but that game in specific got me wondering about just how much of the bullpen's failures over the last few years are on TC's shoulders for his mismanagement.

I think he's a better manager than Willie Randolph or Jerry Manuel ever were, and he definitely has the ability to get guys behind him and play hard consistently. I just don't know if he's the guy the Mets need to take that step from rebuilding to competitiveness. He's done a fine job managing young guys and getting the most from what he's got, but...I guess we'll see.

cashman

Banned
EljWvoJ.png

Top Bottom