• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

jakncoke

Banned
Interesting things of note from yesterday. It was 1000th game at PNC

Pirates finished May with a 19-9 mark for their best month since going 21-8 in September 1992, the last year they made the postseason.

and

giving the division three teams with winning percentages of .600 or better through May 31. It's the first time that's happened since Boston, New York and Baltimore were over .600 heading into June in 1986.

Hopefully we can find our bats and have a good June as well

MiKeD

Banned
Just woke up and saw what happened. Real glad I didn't stay up for that. Fucking JP.

Not as bad as the Indians game: You're all set up to watch a good game, Kluber for the Indians who was looking very sharp going up against Matt Moore (8-0). 3 Rain delays which accumulate to a 4 hour waiting time, to only resume the game at 10 mins after midnight at the bottom of 2nd inning, I think it was.
Then after the third rain delay the Rays instantly get 5 runs on the board and limit the Indians to only 1 hit through the whole game, which ended at 3a.m. Ugh.

Although, I gotta admit, losing after 17 can completely demoralize a team for the rest of a series.

Milchjon

Thread title is bugging me, should be "The Umpire Strikes Back".

And with that valuable contribution, I will leave this thread again.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Josh Lueke sent to AAA and Alex Torres gets the call up.

Hopefully this is a permanent move. Not only is Lueke a piece of shit as a human being he's also a god awful pitcher. Good riddance.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Today marks the 1 year anniversary of Johan Santana's no hitter
which was the only one in Mets history.

And was basically the end of his career.

mohuerta

Why is Matheney taking the offense away from Miller? He has the lowest run support in the rotation and he's missing Tron, Yadi and Freese from the lineup.

Yadi is hitting over .350 and Freese is on a 10 game hit streak. Why take them out?

Why is Matheney taking the offense away from Miller? He has the lowest run support in the rotation and he's missing Tron, Yadi and Freese from the lineup.

Yadi is hitting over .350 and Freese is on a 10 game hit streak. Why take them out?
Wainwright needs wins for his CYA bid. Shelby has ROY in the bag since Harvey lost his rookie eligibility last year.

:lol

Don't hide that asterisk. As a Cards fan, I say that asterisk should be huge.
lol-why-you-mad-tho.jpg

1) Omar Quintanilla SS
2) Daniel Murphy 2B
3) David Wright 3B
4) Lucas Duda LF
5) John Buck C
6) Rick Ankiel CF
7) Ike Davis 1B
8) Jordany Valdespin RF
9) Collin McHugh RHP

yayyyyy Mets finally decide to use one of their most dynamic players. Then they bat him 8th.

*sigh*

Macattk15

Jesus Montero suffered a torn meniscus in his left knee. He will have surgery next week and is out 4-6 weeks.

Peace out Montero.

So much for your Mariner career.

MiKeD

Banned
Well it looks like Ubaldo finally got his shit together. Could be the x-factor to this rotation and its success.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Throw strikes, you bum!

EDIT - I can't believe we're going to lose another series to the Marlins.

Top Bottom