• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

zychi

Banned
What the fuck is the point of me purchasing MLBtv if I cant watch half of the games because fucking Washington Atl is blacked out in Chicago, because we have to watch bonus coverage of Red Sox Yanks while Cubs are in rain delay.

I just want to watch three sports at once right now.

Bruins Pens
Mia Ind
and Was ATL

LET ME DO THIS LEGALLY MLB!

bozeman

What the fuck is the point of me purchasing MLBtv if I cant watch half of the games because fucking Washington Atl is blacked out in Chicago, because we have to watch bonus coverage of Red Sox Yanks while Cubs are in rain delay.

I just want to watch three sports at once right now.

Bruins Pens
Mia Ind
and Was ATL

LET ME DO THIS LEGALLY MLB!

FOX has an exclusive window during this time of MLB. I think all games on MLB.tv are blacked out when Fox is broadcasting.

jakncoke

Banned
Fucking offense needs a swift kick in the ass

The sky if fucking fall fast

/ends self

Mets lost to the Marlins again, what the I dont even..

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
EOtpDqr.jpg

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Henry Rodriguez 2013

Last in Releiver xFIP/SIERA 5.82/5.71

still on a major league roster. thank you davey johnson.

bozeman

Cards are going to hit a wall at some point, but damn this is fun riding high right now.

What exactly are the Cards doing that is unsustainable? I mean, they're on a pace for like 107 wins or something and that probably won't happen so, sure, there's going to be a little fallback and in the NL Central a little fallback may look worse than it is because the Pirates and Reds are so good that it could mean losing first place. But a wall? The pitching is just going out there with a good game plan and the offense isn't exactly mashing the ball right now. It's really timely hitting but it's mostly singles coming in bunches.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Bud Norris got tired of making the Cardinals look silly, so he decided (not by his own volition) to make the Angels looks silly, because he's Bud Norris.

...I don't know where I'm going with this.

bozeman

Bud Norris got tired of making the Cardinals look silly, so he decided (not by his own volition) to make the Angels looks silly, because he's Bud Norris.

...I don't know where I'm going with this.

Maybe a team with Albert Pujols on the roster causes Bud to Hulk Up?

What exactly are the Cards doing that is unsustainable? I mean, they're on a pace for like 107 wins or something and that probably won't happen so, sure, there's going to be a little fallback and in the NL Central a little fallback may look worse than it is because the Pirates and Reds are so good that it could mean losing first place. But a wall? The pitching is just going out there with a good game plan and the offense isn't exactly mashing the ball right now. It's really timely hitting but it's mostly singles coming in bunches.
Our rookie pitchers will invariably hit a wall - either by slumping or by going over the innings limit the organization should have set for them. Wacha/Lyons certainly aren't going to maintain their 7 IP for every ER they give up. Our situational hitting is still unreal compared to our hitting with the bases empty. Surely, both will regress towards one another as the season moves along. But in the end, this is a really good team.

Chris R

Yay Astros, but then again I did just see that the Mariners blew the 4-2 lead from earlier. Wasn't watching the game but I thought they had it in the bag when I saw the score tick by on ESPNs ticker with them up in the bottom of the 9th.

bozeman

Our rookie pitchers will invariably hit a wall - either by slumping or by going over the innings limit the organization should have set for them. Wacha/Lyons certainly aren't going to maintain their 7 IP for every ER they give up. Our situational hitting is still unreal compared to our hitting with the bases empty. Surely, both will regress towards one another as the season moves along. But in the end, this is a really good team.

But any fallback in the situational hitting might be counterbalanced by the comeback of the power this team has been lacking but everyone knows is there.

As for the pitching...I actually believe this is where Chris Carpenter fits in. He's real close to being sent down for the rehab assignment. When there, he'll be stretched out as a starter. I think they'll use every second of those 30 days. Should he come out of that feeling fine (still a big IF), they'll bring him up and the Cards are going to do a hybrid 6 man rotation. Carp will go to the pen but start on occasion to let Miller/Gast/Wacha/Lyons (whichever 2 of those 4 or left when Westbrook and Gast come back) skip a start. The Cards broadcasters have already shared that Mo has told them that Shelby Miller is on a Strasburg-like innings limit but they have a plan to insure that doesn't mean a September shutdown.

If all else fails...we've got the depth to make an impact move or 2 towards the deadline. Although the most I can see us trying to do is go after a guy like Bud Norris but I don't think we'll even reach that far. Today proved that every guy on that bench can step up and contribute should they be called upon.

Top Bottom