• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Dodgers win again

YES!!
YES!!
YES!!

quwkOJ1.gif

Astros manager Bo Porter said Erik Bedard requested to be removed from the game because of his high pitch count (108).

What a fucking pussy.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Can you blame him?

He knows his arm is made out of glass better than everyone. Better to take yourself out of the game instead of ending your career.

cashman

Banned
Astros manager Bo Porter said Erik Bedard requested to be removed from the game because of his high pitch count (108).

What a fucking pussy.

Ryan Divish ‏@RyanDivish 3h
Bedard: "I've had three shoulder surgeries. I'm not going over 110. I'd rather pitch a couple more years than face another batter."

Sounds like a good enough reason to me.

Chuck

Still without luck
Man...I remember when we traded that sack of shit for Adam Jones and Chris Tillman and 3 other guys.

We sure won that one. :)

poor expos :( is olympic stadium being used?

They were around for 35 years and only won the division title once and lost the NLCS.

Also that was a strike season so they only played 110 games. Good riddance.

3N16MA

Banned
Does anyone know how many more abats Hanley need to qualify for avg?

Dodgers have 66 games left and Hanley is averaging 3.68 PA per game so far. If he plays in all remaining 66 games and maintains that average he would end up with 394 PA which is 108 PA short from qualifying. He could also not use the Tony Gwynn rule that bumps up PA as AB because it would drop his average to the point where he would not be in the picture.

alstein

poor expos :( is olympic stadium being used?

If I was to pick two cities for expansion, it would be Montreal and either Portland or Vegas.

I really do think baseball needs to get to 32, have four "leagues" of 8. My goofy dream idea:

How scheduling would work:
Play you own league 14 times
Play a rotating league 8 teams- it rotates year to year.
Fully balanced schedule

Most series would be 4-game, so you'd have more F-M series or even Sat-Tues series on occasion.

Playoffs would be done Japanese style.
3rd place would play 2nd place in a single game like now, but 2nd place team starts up the # of runs they finished ahead of the 3rd place team. So if 92 win team plays 87 win team, they start off up 5-0. This would keep crappy 3rd place teams from stealing wins most of the time, while giving division champs an advantage.

Winner of that plays 1st place team in a 6 game series- division champ has to win 3, other team has to win 4.

LCS and WS would be as normal 7 game series.

RBH

cCnDB9H.jpg

Bring back the Expos for these poor people, Bud.

If you watched or attended Saturday’s game between the Tampa Bay Rays and Toronto Blue Jays, your eyes were not playing tricks on you. That was, in fact, a rather large gathering of Montreal Expos occupying the outfield seats at Rogers Centre.

Approximately 1,000 fans made the trip to Toronto to let their voices be heard: They want their beloved Expos, who relocated and become the Washington Nationals in 2004, to return to Major League Baseball.

Courtesy of The Associated Press:

“Our goal is to celebrate the history of the Expos and show that there is still a viable market for it,” said Matthew Ross, who runs the website Expos Nation and helped organize the trip.

Nearly a decade after the Expos left town, there is a small but growing movement to bring a team back to the city. The possibility has become a recurring topic on local talk radio shows and has even influenced Montreal street fashion.

It’s no accident the group chose to attend a game featuring the Rays, one of the baseball’s more troubled franchises, Ross said.

The Expos logo has become a source of city pride and a statement for young people barely old enough to have seen them play."

The contingent even caught the attention of Canada’s prime minister.

Stephen Harper, @pmharper

I hope that the efforts of @ExposNation will one day be rewarded with a team in Montreal. #Expos
2:47 PM - 20 Jul 2013
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/07/montreal-expos-fans-grassroots-movement-to-bring-baseball-back/

Link

The Autumn Wind
This MLB.TV PS3 app is really starting to piss me off now. Not only is the design and functionality complete ass, but it also doesn't save any of my settings. So every time I start the app up, I need to set my favorite team, check that I want to show scores, etc. I don't think I've ever seen such a downgrade in one update before.

Brinbe

Really cool to see Delgado get honored today. He (along with Halladay), was easily one of the best things to happen to this sad franchise since the back2back WS wins.

Carlos Beltran apparently came over to TC during the ASB and told him "I've faced John Smoltz, I've faced Justin Verlander, I've faced the best pitchers of my generation. Matt Harvey is better than any of them."

EDIT: Holy fuck Harvey just destroyed Rollins on 3 pitches

Wow...

Carlos Beltran apparently came over to TC during the ASB and told him "I've faced John Smoltz, I've faced Justin Verlander, I've faced the best pitchers of my generation. Matt Harvey is better than any of them."

Harvey is going to be the best pitcher in baseball really soon. He looks absolutely untouchable today.

Top Bottom