• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

McNei1y

Does Krol usually throw a lot down the middle? He sure was today

I wasn't able to catch that inning he pitched but I saw the video of the pitch Harrison hit. He generally throws heaters in the area to challenge the hitters and, so far, not a lot have been able to touch him.

Serves you right for actually buying a Dan Haren jersey.

Meh. I knew it was a bad call at the start but I'm still wearing it. I'm wearing it more to accept my mistake than anything. It's like a mark of shame, you know? I've gotten quite a few hilarious comments at Nats park though so it's worth it alone... aside from the embarrassment.

Funny thing is guys like Storen and Espinosa aren't even trade for a prospect bad but are literally fall straight out of the league guys at this point.

And the shit Span is doing right now...

Yeah. Well, Espinosa is done I think. I'd be willing to technically give him away. I think Storen could be had for some decent prospects. The guy has a good arsenal but he seems to have lost all confidence here since last year. And then his attitude is kind of weird. He shakes off a lot of Ramos/Suzuki's calls or decides to throw sliders all the time when he should be throwing his gas.

Span is just terrible. I liked the trade at the start but damn this is just a nightmare.

But who's going to have the better team in the future? Marlins already have a loaded OF and an ace.
I'm not going to say anything about the Marlins (Link got that down cold), but Mets have two potential aces up right now, with a 3rd in Syndergaard probably coming up mid-2014. I'm not mentioning Montero because I don't think he projects as an ace yet, though he's a top of the rotation guy. Plus Jon Niese is still around and bulldogging his way through 7 innings.

The Sandy Trio have already said they address the corner OF issue, as I think alot depends on if Ike Davis. If they can slot Duda at 1st, now you have two corner spots currently manned by Byrd and Young Jr. Mets are evaluating if Young can be an everyday player, but Byrd isn't going to be with the team next year.

Macattk15

Because playing in Safeco has nothing to do with it? He's 42 in the league in wRC+ tied with Nelson Cruz and ahead of Adam Jones. Smoak doesn't qualify.

Huh?

I didn't say playing in Safeco had anything to do with anything. wRC+ is park adjusted.

And Smoak is higher than Kendrys ... albeit by 1!

lol @ Duda and Ike. They're lost causes.
... and why would you say that? I'm counting on Ike to be a lost cause, allows the Mets to get rid of him. Duda was sporting a .900+ OPS before slumping, and alot of that was due to facing lefties. A Duda/Satin platoon at 1st makes alot of sense, and that would pave to way for EYJr. in LF.

Code:
[U][B]By Breakdown 	AB	R	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	BB	HBP	SO	SB	CS	AVG	OBP	SLG	OPS[/B][/U]
vs. Left	67	9	12	2	0	2	6	12	0	28	0	1	.179	.304	.299	.603
vs. Right	159	20	41	11	0	9	17	26	4	40	0	2	.258	.374	.497	.871

Top Bottom