• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

harSon

Banned
This is going to be one of those strand fests by the Pirates huh?

Edit: 5 hits, 3 walks in 4 innings... and 1 run scored. Beautiful...........

uStiBio.jpg

N-A-S are the letters that spell...

Yeah, even though hitting stayed stagnant overall under his tenure, it's still... I dunno. Demoralizing. Having George Brett in the dugout in uniform mode it feel like anything can happen. And they were overall far better in W/L: 21-29 the day he took over, and they've gone 26-22 since. Which is why I think he should be the manager instead. But I doubt he wants to.

Royals offense before changing hitting coaches in late May: .261/.314/.375. Since - .248/.309/.369. K rate down 1%, BB up 1%.

On the bright side, Eric Hosmer has been on fire since they changed hitting coaches.

Yeah, he seems to have connected with Hosmer, but Alex Gordon who had a hot spring has taken a nose dive. So the overall team numbers have kind of been a wash. I don't think he was particularly effective hitting coach, but he definitely improved the team's attitude. Again, that's why he'd be a good manager. It's not like football where the manager calls plays and stuff, in fact, I think managers who meddle and tinker too much tend to screw things up (like Ned Yost, for example). Rally the troops, set the lineup, and make elementary decisions about when to pull pitchers or pinch hit/run guys. I think we'd be better off with him doing that.

Have any of the Nationals FA moves worked out? Haren stinks (everyone on GAF hated the move), Span has been a bust, Soriano has been bad.... Yikes.

Have any of the Nationals FA moves worked out? Haren stinks (everyone on GAF hated the move), Span has been a bust, Soriano has been bad.... Yikes.

Span was a trade with the Twins, but your point is valid. Even then, I thought Morse was better for their lineup than Span. At least they were smart enough to give Haren a one-year deal.

McNei1y

Has the Nats season worked out? Every player's slash line has decreased big time. It's awful.

At least Harper hit a walk off. Maybe this will spark something...

KPzRNrs.gif

Someone take Soriano please. And Storen. And Span. And LaRoche. And Haren. And then give us good players in return please.

It really is shitty though. I come home from work to watch a few innings of baseball. I manage to fall asleep in the ninth when we were up 7-3... I wake up to Nats Xtra at 4:30 to see Harper hit a walk off. What the fucking hell. It would've sucked to lose that one. 1-6 on this 11 game homestand. It's like I'm back in 2009.

jakncoke

Banned
Has the Nats season worked out? Every player's slash line has decreased big time. It's awful.

KPzRNrs.gif

Someone take Soriano please. And Storen. And Span. And LaRoche. And Haren. And then give us good players in return please.

It really is shitty though. I come home from work to watch a few innings of baseball. I manage to fall asleep in the ninth when we were up 7-3... I wake up to Nats Xtra at 4:30 to see Harper hit a walk off. What the fucking hell. It would've sucked to lose that one. 1-6 on this 11 game homestand. It's like I'm back in 2009.

Does Krol usually throw a lot down the middle? He sure was today

KPzRNrs.gif

Serves you right for actually buying a Dan Haren jersey.

Funny thing is guys like Storen and Espinosa aren't even trade for a prospect bad but are literally fall straight out of the league guys at this point.

And the shit Span is doing right now...

Top Bottom