• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

GkTjynv.png

Yeah but if I'm paying for the damn thing I'd like to get those games too. =P

I'll probably get it anyway.

I hear ya. I didn't get it going until after the Indians game today. I liked how you can see the away and home team's telecasts. (Radio too) Away telecast would probably be blacked out too I imagine for home team.

It's pretty good though, I'm trying to get more into the game of baseball other than just my Tribe.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I hear ya. I didn't get it going until after the Indians game today. I liked how you can see the away and home team's telecasts. (Radio too) Away telecast would probably be blacked out too I imagine for home team.

It's pretty good though, I'm trying to get more into the game of baseball other than just my Tribe.
I'd recommend the A's, the Pirates, and the Rays as good teams to follow in the background. The Reds too I guess. And the Mets on Harvey Days (like this Friday!).

Ha, that's funny, I love the Rays blue jerseys. Also love that part of Florida, so Rays actually fit.

Need a couple NL teams now. Hate Pittsburgh because of the Steelers. Although I don't mind the Pens. This is Pirates first good season in what, like 20 years?

Reds are okay I guess, Hard to like them with Bengals being rivals in football. What are some other fun NL teams?

cashman

Banned
Ha, that's funny, I love the Rays blue jerseys. Also love that part of Florida, so Rays actually fit.

Need a couple NL teams now. Hate Pittsburgh because of the Steelers. Although I don't mind the Pens. This is Pirates first good season in what, like 20 years?

Reds are okay I guess, Hard to like them with Bengals being rivals in football. What are some other fun NL teams?

The NL kinda sucks unless you think pitchers attempting to hit is real baseball or something. Just cycle between Harvey, Strasburg, Gerrit Cole, Jose Fernandez, and Julio Teheran starts.

That depends. Do you consider tragedies to be fun?

As a Cleveland sports fan, we know this all too well. So, yes, I suppose. xD

The NL kinda sucks unless you think pitchers attempting to hit is real baseball or something. Just cycle between Harvey, Strasburg, Gerrit Cole, Jose Fernandez, and Julio Teheran starts.

Wow, I almost forgot Pitchers have to bat in the NL! How are these guys not considered guaranteed outs? Suppose I'll have to watch some NL games and figure this out.

Oh, also Kudos to your team for keeping the name "Texas" Rangers. They didn't go all wussy like Florida Marlins becoming Miami. yuck. or even the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. lol.

Overlee

Wow, I almost forgot Pitchers have to bat in the NL! How are these guys not considered guaranteed outs? Suppose I'll have to watch some NL games and figure this out.

Greinke2B.gif.opt_.gif

greinkesmile.png

Greinke, at this writing, is batting .406. No other pitcher in baseball is batting at least .400. No other pitcher in baseball is batting at least .300. No other pitcher in baseball has a wRC+ in the triple digits.

Fightin' words. How can anyone not love watching a pitcher get a big hit, a steal, or a great bunt?

Last night, Jake Westbrook got a steal. This turned into a 2-out run after the next batter knocked him in.

His prior outing, he went 3-for-3.

Pitchers batting is considerably more fun than watching tired, dusty, has-beens coming out to swing, only to go sit their ass on the bench for another 2+ innings. A pitcher getting an RBI is like the Yankees making a smart financial decision, or the Cubs not blowing it in the 9th. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, God damn is it exciting.

alstein

As a Cleveland sports fan, we know this all too well. So, yes, I suppose. xD

Oh, also Kudos to your team for keeping the name "Texas" Rangers. They didn't go all wussy like Florida Marlins becoming Miami. yuck. or even the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. lol.

Some pitchers can hit. Was more true back in the old days, but still a few folks can do it now.

Also, sometimes flukes can happen. Mike Minor actually hit a HR this year, and he's one of the worst hitting pitchers out there.

The big thing pitchers hitting does is that it makes your bench more important, as you have to use pinch-hitters at the end of games, and you can't rest starters as the DH.

cashman

Banned
Fightin' words. How can anyone not love watching a pitcher get a big hit, a steal, or a great bunt?

Last night, Jake Westbrook got a steal. This turned into a 2-out run after the next batter knocked him in.

His prior outing, he went 3-for-3.

Nice to see that batting average bring him up to a solid .208! Quite the slugger you've got there St.Louis!

The big thing pitchers hitting does is that it makes your bench more important, as you have to use pinch-hitters at the end of games, and you can't rest starters as the DH.
The big thing pitchers hitting does is that it forces managers to make terrible decisions like take out a pitcher who's been dominating so they can bring in an actual hitter.

Top Bottom