• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
looks like crashburn started it.

also it looks like the guys at capitol avenue club are going to be running talking chop or something. CAC is going away I guess.

eznark

Banned
looks like crashburn started it.

also it looks like the guys at capitol avenue club are going to be running talking chop or something. CAC is going away I guess.

That blog post from Ben is so weird. Who cares that he works on Wall Street? Is he trying to make people draw a Blue Star comparison...like I already did!

Parch

Just heard about the Ramon Ortiz injury.

The fuck is wrong with the Jays strength and conditioning the past couple of years? What the fuck is going on? Blue Jays' pitchers are dropping like flies - again.
That was heartbreaking. He's at an age where he knows a comeback isn't possible so the elbow pop is a career ending moment.

I've had my doubts about the Blue Jays org for awhile now. Conditioning and development seems to be a step behind everybody else.

That was heartbreaking. He's at an age where he knows a comeback isn't possible so the elbow pop is a career ending moment.

I've had my doubts about the Blue Jays org for awhile now. Conditioning and development seems to be a step behind everybody else.

Yeah, I haven't seen the video yet but I heard he was in tears. Absolutely heartbreaking way to end your career.

eznark

Banned
They also sent out Fiers and called up Scooter. Fucking christ.

Melvin said the Brewers are committed to playing Francisco at first. He has three appearances at first in his entire pro career. He made two errors.

MiKeD

Banned
They also sent out Fiers and called up Scooter. Fucking christ.

Melvin said the Brewers are committed to playing Francisco at first. He has three appearances at first in his entire pro career. He made two errors.

Haha, that's crazy.
I'm Sorry

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Going to be exciting to see Puig finally play in Dodger stadium. I'm also pretty excited about the draft this week, as a kid from my hometown is very likely going to go in the top 10. Trey Ball, from New Castle, IN, is a tall lefty who throws mid 90's, with fantastic movement. He's really thin, so I'd imagine with a year or two of professional training, he could easily get into the upper 90's. Saw him throw about 10 times this spring, and there wasn't a single game he played that didn't have at least 20 scouts present. He's an incredibly humble kid as well, and I think his ceiling is pretty unlimited. Should be quite interesting...

Molina better get a long vacation

My favorite part of that play is that he was clearly out.

FWIW
probably not much to you lol
Molina stated he knew he was out and he was being a baby because he was upset at himself for not hustling out of the box. Only reason he would get a suspension is for touching an umpire but the crew apparently made a note that the contact was "incidental" but I have no clue how much the league office cares about that when dealing with such a black and white rule.

50 pitchers used since the beginning of last season. 50! And that's not even counting Dustin McGowan/Jesse Litsch (who were injured before the start of last season and haven't pitched much since) and the minor leaguers who got hurt (Osuna, Sanchez, etc.).

Even accepting that a) some of those 50 were just crappy pitchers and b) pitchers are inherently more injury-prone, it's definitely reached a point where the only reasonable conclusion is that the Jays don't have a clue what they're doing when it comes to conditioning/monitoring/treating pitchers. (Well, that or they must be specifically targeting high-risk pitchers, but that seems too stupid to consider...right?)

eznark

Banned
FWIW
probably not much to you lol
Molina stated he knew he was out and he was being a baby because he was upset at himself for not hustling out of the box. Only reason he would get a suspension is for touching an umpire but the crew apparently made a note that the contact was "incidental" but I have no clue how much the league office cares about that when dealing with such a black and white rule.

Any other player attacks multiple umpires for that long gets at least 3 days off. Since he is a Cardinal they will probably suspend the ump.

Meier

YAAAASSSIIIIEEELLLL! I understand that it's probably better for his development to play every day than to be a rotational guy when everyone is healthy, but there's no way he shouldn't be in the bigs. I wish the MLB had a loan system like soccer does. Can't wait to see him getting significant ABs.

I'm so nervous for today's game because of Puig. If he looks terrible I don't know what I would do.

Don't worry, he's gonna crush it! I wish the rumor that the Yankees were gonna trade for Ethier last year had become true. Can't believe how much that guy is still making..

YAAAASSSIIIIEEELLLL! I understand that it's probably better for his development to play every day than to be a rotational guy when everyone is healthy, but there's no way he shouldn't be in the bigs. I wish the MLB had a loan system like soccer does. Can't wait to see him getting significant ABs.

Don't worry, he's gonna crush it! I wish the rumor that the Yankees were gonna trade for Ethier last year had become true. Can't believe how much that guy is still making..
How does the loan system work?

No one wants that trash. Maybe The Mets?

Ethier for Harvey. Straight up. We'll also put in a box of Dodger Dogs to sweeten the deal if you want.
tumblr_inline_mj031uvbGz1qz4rgp.gif

verbum

Aj pitching tonight, meaning Braves will win

Starting tonight:
Atlanta Braves ‏@Braves 1m
Tonight’s lineup vs. PIT (7:10, SS/680AM/BRN): Simmons 6 Heyward 9 JUpton 7 Freeman 3 McCann 2 CJohnson 5 Uggla 4 BUpton 8 Medlen 1

I could see him getting 10 strikeouts and losing. 8 strikeouts for sure. Hopefully Medlen is due a good game, hold the Pirates to 1-2 runs.

How does the loan system work?

You basically have a young player that's not ready to play most games for your first team, so you negotiate a loan deal with another team who doesn't have the quality that you have and will be able to play the young player much more than you can. The loan player will never be able to play against his former team, but is able to play against every other team.

One team gains a talent for a certain amount of time to help them win games, the other team gives their youth player some much needed experience at the pro level.

jakncoke

Banned
Starting tonight:

I could see him getting 10 strikeouts and losing. 8 strikeouts for sure. Hopefully Medlen is due a good game, hold the Pirates to 1-2 runs.

2 runs on a aj night is like 23 runs for normal teams, we hate him and give him the worst run support. I bet if someone has access to numbers our run support for him since mid year last year is probably top 5 worst for starters

MiKeD

Banned
Alright, let's do this Nasty Masty. Hopefully he can shine on national tv (although more people will be watching game 7).

Top Bottom